Guest oa exile

Deal or No Deal ?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Would you offer him a Deal ?

• Deal
    • No Deal

Guest oa_exile
73rd Voter. still 100%!

Would probably still prefer Stam alongside Gregan but you can't argue with how well the Gregan/Hazell partnership is going, he deserves a contract until the end of the season and discuss an extension at that time.

The way things are with Stam at the moment i think it's Stefan who needs to worrying about a new contract for next season.

The way things are with Stam at the moment i think it's Stefan who needs to worrying about a new contract for next season.

I think Stam...much like Tony Carrs.....is one of these mythical great players we have had over the years..... :grin:

Edited by oafc0000

Not a fan of Tony Carss then eh? Not surprised really.

I dread to think where we'd have ended up without the signing of Carss and Eyres that season.

As someone has already said, extend Hazell's deal or it'll mean having Thompson back in defence... much like having Richard Butcher at centre half!!!

I think Stam...much like Tony Carrs.....is one of these mythical great players we have had over the years..... :grin:

Stam and Carrs. Not necessarily great players, deffo good players, as good as we've got/had in recent times.

Another notch on the deal... thing. If not only to add more depth to squad, then to keep Thompson at bay. How many times have we seen teams crumble towards the end of the season due to exhausted legs?

Sheridan shouldve approached more players like this before signing them on huge contracts i think. Especially Thompson, fair doos if other clubs were bidding for them as well, cant really arse around offering trials n stuff in that case.

Back to effing lectures i go! :disappointed:

Another notch on the deal... thing. If not only to add more depth to squad, then to keep Thompson at bay. How many times have we seen teams crumble towards the end of the season due to exhausted legs?

Sheridan shouldve approached more players like this before signing them on huge contracts i think. Especially Thompson, fair doos if other clubs were bidding for them as well, cant really arse around offering trials n stuff in that case.

Back to effing lectures i go! :disappointed:

It's strange isn't it. On Rivals, the Tranmere fans were waxing lyrical about Thompson last Season and blaming him getting injured on a down turn in their form. With regard to Reuben Hazell, there was general merriment and disbelief when we took the lad on trial.

Mind you, I remember my Leeds supporting mates laughing when we signed one of their lads a few years ago. "Worst right back I've ever seen", "totally useless" etc. etc.

Denis Irwin was the name!

Funny old World!

Guest sheridans_world
Mind you, I remember my Leeds supporting mates laughing when we signed one of their lads a few years ago. "Worst right back I've ever seen", "totally useless" etc. etc.

Denis Irwin was the name!

Funny old World!

Nice quote, well said. While football is a funny old game like that, i dont think Hazel is the next Irwin :grin:

Too much birthday beer goin to yer head :lol: hope you've had a good un.

Back on topic, Hazel plays in blue and tangerine, Blue and tangerine.........

I remember seeing Thompson play against is for Tranmere and thinking he was MoM that day.

I wouldn't write his Oldham career off just yet.

As for Hazell, he has been class and we need to sign him. If the 'always right' Chron is, er, right then it's another month, possibly followed by a longer deal. If the lad wants to stay, there's no harm keeping it short term for now. (Also kinda suggests money's tight... that'll be the 5,000 gates then)

I've just cast my vote and then seen the results to date.

I am the 65th person to have cast my opinion on Mr Hazell and I was genuinely shocked to see it as 100% in favour. There's usually someone who goes against the grain, if only to be noticed!!! That said, I think its conclusive the fans want him signed up. Just so long as he doesn't turn into a donkey once the ink dries on the dotted line.

Deal,Deal,Deal I,ll even lend a pen :deal2::deal2::deal2: