Latics Legend of the Week

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil Redfern

Gunnar Halle (who is and probably will always be our most capped player, whilst at the club)

John Sheridan

Tommy Wright

Andy Holden

Paul Warhurst

Andy Barlow

ian marshall scored many much needed goals as we started in the premier league

how about doing a latic legend of fans like chubb col shaw jim kirton pedro reg and dennis mcellhatton,old margret the cusion lady (R.I.P )or any other great latics fans that have sadly died ,i am sure you have all some stoies to tell about them

• 1 month later...

Apologies if already mentioned but it may be a good time to have Simon Corney, Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal as our Legends of the week.

They saved our club and should be classed up there with Ritchie, Palmer et al as far as I'm concerned.

LEGENDS

Apologies if already mentioned but it may be a good time to have Simon Corney, Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal as our Legends of the week.

They saved our club and should be classed up there with Ritchie, Palmer et al as far as I'm concerned.

LEGENDS

What a cracking idea.

I'd also like to nominate Alan Hardy who I know has done so much for our Club down the Years and played a blinder today to keep the show on the Road.

I would go for Alan Hardy, the guy has taken so much stick (wrongly in my view) over the years. The emotion and commitment he has shown this week shows how much he feels for this club.If he had been a player he would have been knighted by now.

He always takes the time to talk to the fans, he has put up with a lot of :censored: over the years.And he is probaly a bigger factor in the TTA staying than we realise.

Anyway if you dont nominate him thank you Alan, and thanks for personally replying to my email this week.

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

The great Bob Ledger. The only man, as far as I know, to play in every position for the Latics. A surprisingly forgotten figure considering that when the club had its first ever Player of the Year poll in about 1966, Ledger won by a mile.

• 2 weeks later...

Andy Goram(1ST TIME ROUND)

Roger Wylde

Simon Stainrod

Andy Barlow

Bert Lister(rip)

Perry Suckiling for the goal at City, thankyou very much ;-)lol

Joe Royle

Jimmy Frizzell

Harry Wilde

TTA/ALAN HARDY/SEAN JARVIS(FOR Keeping it together when CM decided to destroy us).

• 1 month later...