Last one to post wins

singe

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gillianfn

I think we better had. He'll only start his twining if we nick it! On that basis, can I have 100 (double figures as I recall! :oops: ) and 1962?

Guest gillianfn

Ah good old word of the day, far be it from me to speak at great length unnecessarily - you're a cheeky bugger Andrew.

Actually, I heard the other day - and this is a belter, apparently women say up to 20,000 words a day, whereas you lazy arsed lot, can only be bothered to speak around 7,000. I am pretty certain that I probably use my quota up by about 10am most days - but hey.

Guest gillianfn

Study leave! Now there's a blast from my offspring's days at college and uni!

Translation of study leave:- "Stay up very late indeed, watching Desperate Housewives, Sex, City or things of that ilk, stay in bed until at least lunchtime, get up, watch a bit of crap music tv, have some food, switch on computer, check emails from pals, check all relevant football websites, get books out, make a brew, get pens out, make some toast, oh, nearly forgot, all this has to be done whilst texting your pals and taking calls on both mobiles and the house phone, make another brew, bit more toast, find the book you left down that back of the sofa the day before, have a quick brew, turn the tv up a bit, have one last brew and begin...." :P

apparently women say up to 20,000 words a day, whereas you lazy arsed lot, can only be bothered to speak around 7,000.   I am pretty certain that I probably use my quota up by about 10am most days - but hey.

But how many out of that 20,000 are worthwhile?

"and then julie turned round and said... so I said you can't say that so she said that I can say that and I just have done"

or some such nonsense.

And yes, I fully expect this -> :dead:

Rwas a good word twasn't it Mr J, I do so apologise G :blahblah1:

And blinkin eck Stevie 7000 words a week, beat yers I can easily mumble me way through 7000 a month.

Me nephews always gettin frickin study leave too. When I were in t'sixth form (thats what they call college now innit) we had to stay on the premises when we had free periods (yes lads had them too at my old school, we liked to empathise see), only trouble was we had a proper pub type pool table in the canteen, revising me, smut alert activated deep screw seemed far more important than JanesappyAustens "Persuasion" I can tell ya.

Ha they thought charging us to play would stop us, d'oh pay once fit the pockets with plastic cups from drinks machine and the balls didn't stay in me pockets for long :roll:

Oh and thats my own 50 hurrah

Do you think some of these noobs haven't got th'ang of this thread yet, and where's DW, lurking for the first frickin 00??

Haven't been able to get onto the JKL biggy since Christmas-ish even trying date view.

Can someone give me a potted history of any important news that I may have missed please?

Thank you very much.

In the meantime, it was good to meet Singe at the Gillingham game. Another one ticked off the list!

IC I have it (sad twot I am) copied up to recently, the whole word doc is nearly 10Mb, started it when we thunked Rivals would lose it. Nowt fancy just saved as txt only, its on me pooter at home I'll mail it you if you like or via messaging on here going out in a mo, so it'll be later today/tomorrow. In fact I'll try to update it, sometimes I can get on topic view pretty quick from home, dunno why cos both here and home I'm on ntl.

Oh and I don't mean the whole thing, don't panic, the ntl outbox wouldn't cope anyhow, just the Crimbly section onwards :)

Guest gillianfn

Or whatever they are called. I've had several of these recently, so thought it would be amusing to respond to one or 2 - here are the results. Read from the bottom up. I got this load of crap about earning money etc. Good fun!

Jeff, there was no attachment with your email. I have spoken to my lawyer about your proposals, he wants to speak with you so he can verify certain criteria. If you would give him a call that would be good. His name is Ivor Biggan. His number is 00334478026189. He will assess the situation and then I shall be in a better position to help you.

In the meantime, I will keep everything a secret, apart from the information I have given to Mr Biggan.

I await further information,

----- Original Message -----

To: o

Subject: Re: Employment Verification Form

Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:49:15 +0000 (GMT)

I am sorry but i didnt mean to sound rude or offensive,ok? I am the one looking for a rep here and I have to beg.

So I am still begging you with my offer.I have attached the employment verification form for your perusal,ok?

Till I hear back from you,

James

o <Gillianfn@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

I am deeply hurt that you think I am turning this wonderful opportunity into "one big joke" that is an outrageous suggestion. I simply need to know that if I am entering into a business deal with someone I am never going to meet, that I do as much ground work as possible - therefore I need to know your business credentials. It's all well and good you asking me for my information, yet refusing to impart of anything about you and your partner. What sort of a person are you? Accusing me of being a joker - I can tell you Jeff, I am no joker - I am serious about making money, my birthday card business is really taking off - I took an order for 6 21st cards on Sunday - I'm big time Jeff and I don't have the time to keep dealing with your daft questions. Now you give me your business credentials so that I can do a search on you and Jim and we will take it from there.

Have a good day.

Subject: Employment Verification Form

Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:55:44 +0000 (GMT)

I never told you I know all the folks in your FBI but rather that I have a formal arrangement

with them but it seems you are turning everything into one big joke.

Anyway,I hope am wrong and thats just the way you prefer to choose your language.Remember I used the plural We in my last e mail to you and that includes both Jefferey and I,ok?

If you are still interested,send your informations so we can at least talk on the phone and I will then send you the the employment verification form from where you can see and verify all the informations you need to.

Have a wonderfull day,

James

Wow, you know folk at the FBI eh? Well, that makes me feel better, at least I can be assured that I won;t end up wearing a pair of concrete football boots at the bottom of the Thames. Now let me have a think about it. My Uncle was an Inspector, you have probably heard of him, Dixon of Dock Green, there were some right hard Bleeders came to grief after tangling with him you know. If you will give me your business credentials I'LL get YOU checked out and see if you are the sort I ought to be getting into bed with. Cheers Jeffrey, or is it James, only you have a differing email address to the name you sign with?

Subject: Re: Provide your informations

Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 17:53:18 +0000 (GMT)

I understand your skeptimism but considering the distance between UK and US you will

now appreciate thats the main reason why we are making this initial contacts now.

As for being a dodgy character,we have already thought that one out hence we have a working a relationship with your FBI and wont hesistate to use them once the need

arises.

What, I can start a job without even having a formal interview? Sounds like a load of horse rubbish to me. How can I do a job without you even meeting me? I might be a right dodgy character. I'm not sure about this James. I think we'd best leave it.

Subject: Provide your informations

Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 11:42:46 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

Thanks for your reply but you have to do more by providing the informations you were asked to provide in the first mail;names,address,occupation,phone numbers and marriage status.Only then will you be told when to start and how to start.

For the records,there is no training available for now.

Till I hear from you,

James

o <Gillianfn@yahoo.co.uk > wrote:

fabulous. When do I start?

I must warn you though, I'm not the best with numbers, so is there some training available?

As if I would be lurking Stipey :roll: .

Don't have message board priviliges at work only normal website stuff, though the world of toothpaste and bodycare is mightily enjoyable and I am usually very busy so don't really have much time anyway. It's a bit of a pisser that it is closing down as I am just starting to find my feet properly, but it does look bloody good on my CV.

You know how much toothpaste we make a week? I don't really expect you are bothered but it is over 80 million in normal tubes, and around 200 million in Stand ups, it is staggering how much stuff they make. Plus there is all the other gubbins like Plax, and deodorants etc. that CP make. It is dead dead interesting being part of the planning team. Got my first solo project too this week, I am managing a change-over of artwork for Denmark and Australia.

I'm still not doing any production planning yet (just looking after materials and some learning some special projects stuff), but it is so complex that I bet it would take me a good 2 years to learn how to do it properly, planning for 47 filling lines is no easy task, I used to think 6 production lines was tough.

Oh and 1968, you bet I want it keeping for me. If Kets ever turns up he will have 1967, IM and Stipe can scrap over 1964 again and Gillian can have 1873 all to herself ;).

KtF,

Derek.