Last one to post wins

singe

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gillianfn

No, you've done it now. I've told my mum, she says it's my own fault for playing out with the lads.

Actually, I wonder if that is something we did on the BT? (Not you Tony, the Big Thread) (Stipey - homework for tomorrow please chick!) something we got absolutely bollocked for as children?

Right - go on then, I'll do my best bollockings to start with:-

Popping tar bubbles on the street - my mother would insist on dressing me in my best frock to play out in (daft bat!) and I got my frock covered in tar and she gave me damned good crack when I came in.

Another one that springs to mind is pinching flowers out of Jimmy Dover's garden (he was a mad old Fliper). I nicked some daffodils and gave them to my mum. Big mistake - she asked where I had got them from and knew from my face I was lying when I said Barbara's mum gave them to me. As if.

Next.

I got told off for jumping out of trees, well one tree in particular, it backed onto our garden and I would climb up it and jump off.

I got told off well and proper about that, especially the time I broke my arm doing it. Funnily enough I didn't do it again after that.

I never not nohow ever got told off cos I was a good lad I was :roll: no honest.

I thing that still narks me was a teacher at Hollin Infant school, Miss Elbourne, who was like built like a brick :censored:house and could easily have applied for and got the job of most vilest evilest bitch in the waffen SS, slapped my bare legs, I was 5 or 6 and in shorts, because I hadn't read my book properly, that is to say I didn't read it quickly enough when summoned to her desk to read to her the passage I'd just read in "quiet time". Obviously stumbling over long words means that a 5 year old hasn't actually read the section before. She was one horrible cow.

:mfr_lol: by the way G, that was possibly the worst bit of cheating in the world, everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edit: and just to clarify what I wrote yesterday cos it doesn't look right somehow.

I told Mrs S what you said about the she man G.

I said you know who I mean, she didn't.

I said you know XXXXXXXX who we went to school with, shes just like her in looks and build.

So she man walks along the front at Scunny, and Mrs S chortles and says "thats who you're on about isn't it"

Oh and G I'm sure you're celebrations were entirely suited to the moment, like I said on another thread yesterday even me Dad flicked them scunny fans the V's, but I don't think he knows I saw him do it :)

I went through a phase season before last of flicking the Vs when we scored, I was in the chaddy so unless an away fan had the eyes of a hawk or had taken some opera glasses or some such they wouldn't had seen.

Whenever I did it I would sit down after and think "why the hell did I do that?" This year sitting in the lookers near the away fans I could abuse them to my hearts content but don't feel the need. Well occasionally I have done but nowhere near as bad as some people do.

Guest gillianfn

Ha ha! Made me laugh that Andrew! Your dad flagging the Scunny fans! Very funny.

I still can't believe I behaved so badly - when I did it, at the back of my mind I was saying to myself "Gillian, stop it, you must look horrible, vicious and think of the wrinkles" But still it didn't stop me. I was jumping up and down screaming at the top of my voice, my lad was climbing over me and his dad to give them some abuse - all very understandable in the moment, but...... Ah, balls to it, I'd probably do it all again!!!

Right haven’t done a pointless rant in ages so……

In Saturdays Guardian Magazine Hugh FernlySternly Twitingsall has a cookery column. So in the latest edissue he’s been set the task by a mate of doing a dinner party for him and his latest bird. The only constraint being no meat dishes, fish is ok though, and Hugh has to buy all ingredients from the corner shop. This is because his mate is a bit naffed off with Hugh’s lardy de dah recipes in said column.

So he starts off with a dish comprising of frozen kippers, carrot and orange, ok I’ll buy that, you could get them from a corner shop. For the main course he makes a pie, a pie made with spinach (frozen again so possible) and goats cheese.

Goats cheese, Flip off Hugh how many corner shops sell Fliping goats cheese, stop taking the pish. Now I’ve seen him on the telly and he seems quite an avuncular (word of the day) chap, but really, diner party from ingredients bought at the corner shop. In reality it’d be tinned soup, pot noodle and a squashed swiss roll, followed by cheese squares and a big box of them mixed crackers made by some company in Cleethorpes you’ve never heard of and you only eat a few stick ‘em at the back of the cupboard and only find ‘em again six months later when they’ve gone all soft.

Guest gillianfn

Not a bad rant for a Monday Andrew.

Shall I have one now?

Right, well mine will have to be at myself I guess. Why why why, can't I keep my cars clean and tidy? Every time I get a new one (which is every 6 months or so, I tell myself and anyone who will listen) that this is the car that I will keep clean and tidy. It lasts about a week. Why do I do it? What is it in me that prevents me from taking out the things that I've left there? Steptoe would keep my car cleaner than I can. I think it is an illness.

And did anyone see the Tourettes thing with Keith Allen last week? He said " I know you will be pissing yourselves laughing at this" How right he was. And I actually think that I suffer from a mild form of it. The bit when that kid says he imagines his own death? I'm always doing that.

Are you waiting for the football/window/pish off incident to be posted again with that subject G?

Oh, and a rant. The Fliping water board. Couldn't go into work this morning on time as I had no water, so no brew and no shower - not sure which is the most important in those two, but both definitely needed.

I then had a power cut, so when the water came back on I had no electric to solve the the kettle/shower conundrum anyway.

No work today, means no pay - which is rubbish. Apparently though there have been a couple of explosions in the area over the weekend, I don't know anything about them; but maybe that is the cause?

KtF,

Derek.

Guest gillianfn

Couple of explosions? COUPLE OF EXPLOSIONS????? And you didn't Fliping hear them? Exactly how drunk were you? And yes, of course we are waiting for the ball/pish off incident. Still makes me giggle whenever I think of it!

Guest gillianfn

Yeah yeah I know, I'm replying to myself - but rubbish to it. I am so riled today. French people? Pah. I will send you a couple of extracts from an email I have sent to one of the teachers that my girl is working for, maybe you will sense my frustration: ..... Madame Lefevre appears to completely disregard the fact that Elizabeth does not eat much, if any, meat. Yesterday, she tried to give Elizabeth grapefruit with crabsticks. Elizabeth does not eat crab – indeed, in England this is something we give to dogs as a treat. When Elizabeth explained to Madame Lefevre that she didn't like it, she became angry and insulting, and snatched away her plate....

AAAaaaand breath. Stupid old bag. I had to ring Betsy urgently a couple of weeks ago and because my French is, well, rubbish, to be honest, but I did try, she told Betsy I was rude and abrupt. I'll Fliping show her rude and abrupt in Feb. Old bag.

Couple of explosions?  COUPLE OF EXPLOSIONS?????    And you didn't Fliping hear them?  Exactly how drunk were you?    And yes, of course we are waiting for the ball/pish off incident.  Still makes me giggle whenever I think of it!

Depends if the explosions were Saturday or Sunday. If they were Saturday they could have been in my front garden, I was very drunk. We had a bit of a night out in the Gallows post game.

I'm trying to get the big thread loaded up then I can find t'other post.

KtF,

Derek.

Edit: There you go G.

I remember playing cricket with a certain Mr. S. Stainrod when we were kids and him smashing a window of a house near the 'little field', as opposed to the 'big field' where we went to play football.

Talking of smashing windows, there used to be a right grumpy sod live across the road from us, and if a ball went in his garden he would pop 'em.

I saved me milk round money up, bought a cheap casey, blew it up so it was fit to burst; then stood on his drive and booted it through his front window and shouted pish off at them before running away.

I wasn't an intelligent child, I forgot I lived across the road, me dad booted me up and down the street for weeks after he got the bill.

I didn't get a season ticket that year.

KtF,

Derek.

Guest gillianfn
[quote

I wasn't an intelligent child' date= I forgot I lived across the road, me dad booted me up and down the street for weeks after he got the bill.

quote]

What is it about this quote thing that I can't get right? Anyway, still very funny DW!!!!!!

gillianfn Posted on 8/10 12:33 Email this Message

re: I wish to make a complaint!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hells bells! If I didn't know you were a bloke, I would sympathise with an extreme case of PMT here! You know some lovely girl's dont you? Girls who sleep with their superiors (ha ha) in order to get promotion and girls who look shiete in white trousers. Depends were you get them from chick - I had a white suit for a particularly large birthday .... but being a poshbird, paid a fortune for it and looked beautiful - even though I say so myself.

Very briefly, half day to go collect my girl from Uni (cant WAIT!!) Annoying things:-

1. Men who cant park - they think they can but they really cant. I guess that is something to do with the 6inch theory.

2. Men who cant iron - you iron buttons ffs! Why?

3. Smokers - anywhere in the world. If you want to smoke - fine - they're your lungs, do what you like, but not near me - not ANYWHERE near me.

4. Hairdressers who show me the back of my head. I dont care what the back of my head looks like!!!!

There are loads more - but Im on my way out. Laters X

IP: Logged

Andrew301076 Posted on 8/10 12:40 Email this Message

re: I wish to make a complaint!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My d2459 yer one chuffin big whinger.

21. People who tell me this is a MB not a customer service dept, well missus I might as well post on here, its more useful than ringing securicor, dhl signline thingy whatsit I can chuffin tell you!

22. Crap customer service departments call centres, filled with tosspots who cannae be ársed and don't give a she-ite!

23. Old people with bobble hats who drive at 15mph down a main road, I just been behind one, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

And d2459 stop them tea time phone calls, if yer on ntl simmply enter *227# it blocks annoyamous callers, and them sales gets are always annoyamous, undo it with #227#, it works, on ntl anyway, no unwanted calls in 6mths, result.

KtF

Edit ffs can't even get me wrong spelling spelt right

--- Post edited by Andrew301076 on 8/10 12:44 ---

Just found some bits and pieces from the "good old days" !!!

[quote

I wasn't an intelligent child' date= I forgot I lived across the road, me dad booted me up and down the street for weeks after he got the bill.

quote]

What is it about this quote thing that I can't get right? Anyway, still very funny DW!!!!!!

Err, try the quote button and just delete the bits you don't want ;).

Don't delete any of the coding though, that's the bit in the square brackets simpleton!

KtF,

Derek.