Shez Not Afraid to Change Things

Guest AMO

Lomax is back at Rochdale and if he's only signed for a month again then we can not recall him

Indeed...which is utterly wrong! Alas, you miss the point (only proper LB we have...one who can play both LB and RB also!) But to be honest, us not using a player we need IMO says everything!!! We can't as we've no money to pay his wages and have to send the likes of Lomax out coz we've spent up (silly wages on Ricketts, Hughes etc) and can't get in a GK if we don't send them out. Pretty FKD up really, aren't we!!! Says a lot!!! Makes you really question certain ideas and people!!!

PS I'm guessing you said Lomax is at Dale for effect....as we both know he's on loan (how many post do I say get him back in) but you obviously was happy to ignore the point! Also, I'm guessing you asked me what the answer was earlier.....but didn't decide to read my post on the other topic to find it out....oh well.....doesn't surprise me. Lids in...McD in....etc.....and nowhere will we go....

Edited by boundaryblue80

"We need pace all over the pitch"..........We were saying the very same all last season were we not!! We still have only one player with genuine pace when we were crying out for it all over the place!

Shezza said he learned a lot from last season and that he knew what he wanted for this season. He talked about players being quiet on the pitch and this season the same applies.

Only time will tell but I think he's made mistakes with some of the players he has signed this season. I think Thompson was signed on the strength of a decent loan spell at Tranmere but was he watched regularly before we bought him.

Did shezza really want Hughes, he may yet come good,however, maybe it wasn't his decision.

Ricketts on a 3 year deal was another gamble that so far hasn't paid dividends. I can't understand why we didn't keep the likes of Warne for one more season and why we had to spend our total budget before the start of the season is another puzzler.

Shezza has said that he's not scared to drop his stars if they aren't performing but apart from Thompson where he didn't have much choice he's shown amazing loyalty constantly playing people who are obviously struggling.

We are going to have to move players on to get some new faces in but who are the saleable assets and who will be available within our budget.

I think we need to go with what we've got for the remainder of the season and hope we can get them gelled as a team. We must have changed more players in the last couple of years than ever before and it just hasn't worked out.

It's been said before that on paper we have as good a side as anybody in this division, Shezza has to turn theory in to reality and I reckon he's got the rest of this season before TTA take action.

They've backed all their managers to date since buying the club but there's no way that they'll want wholesale changes again at the end of this season.

Changing the playing staff at the end of every season just doesn't work!!!

A post with 100% accuracy! Spot on! Would still give Ricketts time though...we've a history of midfields that make decent strikers look s.h.i.t...until we've a midfield creating chances for our lads to actually miss, only then will I be calling our forwards "bad buys" (not that you have, just others have.)

A post with 100% accuracy! Spot on! Would still give Ricketts time though...we've a history of midfields that make decent strikers look s.h.i.t...until we've a midfield creating chances for our lads to actually miss, only then will I be calling our forwards "bad buys" (not that you have, just others have.)

i need a lobotomy eh,hahahahah

i simply said he deserves a second chance,after all we keep playing taylor hoping he will come good,if you drop him he will wonder why he was dropped,if continually played he will simply think he is doing ok,and never change his attitude.

as for our strikers,only porter recently has stood out,you have to go back to ritchie,palmer and marshall for the last decent strikers we had.we always buy strikers who are decent only for them to dry up when they come here.

you cant keep playing players out of position,sooner or later you get found out.

Indeed...which is utterly wrong! Alas, you miss the point (only proper LB we have...one who can play both LB and RB also!) But to be honest, us not using a player we need IMO says everything!!! We can't as we've no money to pay his wages and have to send the likes of Lomax out coz we've spent up (silly wages on Ricketts, Hughes etc) and can't get in a GK if we don't send them out. Pretty FKD up really, aren't we!!! Says a lot!!! Makes you really question certain ideas and people!!!

PS I'm guessing you said Lomax is at Dale for effect....as we both know he's on loan (how many post do I say get him back in) but you obviously was happy to ignore the point! Also, I'm guessing you asked me what the answer was earlier.....but didn't decide to read my post on the other topic to find it out....oh well.....doesn't surprise me. Lids in...McD in....etc.....and nowhere will we go....

Lomax is not a proper left back he is a right back who can fill at left back if needed. You want to move Bertrand because you seem to think you know better than all the coaches at Chelsea and at Latics when he has been doing a decent job at left back and put another player there who will be playing out of position. Yes Bertrand has made the odd mistake but there is not one player in our squad that hasn't.

Why would i say Lomax is at Rochdale for effect - what kind of effect do you think i was going for? I simply pointed it out in case yourself or others hadn't realised he had gone back and that we can't recall him if he has only signed for a month which im pretty sure he has.

i did read your other post yes after you had pointed it out to me that it was on another thread. I presume you mean the one in which you want to put a player who has been playing awful for months and months and who has got absolutely no confidence whatsoever on the right wing with a player who still have got everything to prove and hardly played any competitive football as back up, a left back or someone on loan - who? we can't afford decent wages so we wont get a decent player - on the left wing and a right back who isn't even at the club at the moment at left back, Trotman as cover at centre half who again has hardly any experience in first team football, JP in the middle fair enough but that still means we will have no midfielders making runs into the box at the moment the only player who can do that is McDonald. I know JP did it a couple of times pre-season but that was against the likes of Rochdale.

I'm not saying that the likes of Trotman, Smalley etc are bad players but we already have several young players in our starting 11 we can't just keep throwing more in who have even less experience. If we had a more experienced side then by all means give them a chance but just added more kids to the ones that are already playing won't work. We need at least some experience in the team. And i'm not saying that Lids and McDonald are the best players in the world but at the moment we have limited options and they might just have the experience required to turn things round - course they might not and should Shez try Macca on Saturday and he plays awful you can come back on here on sunday and take great pleasure in telling me you told me so

A lot can change in the space of 8 minutes eh BB?

Lomax out coz we've spent up (silly wages on Ricketts, Hughes etc) and can't get in a GK if we don't send them out. Pretty FKD up really, aren't we!!! Says a lot!!! Makes you really question certain ideas and people!!!

Then i wish he would - instead of not just keep saying/threatening it...................

I think we may see a formation change on Saturday......

"I've got a lot of strikers coming back and competing for places up front now, and I want them all on top form because I could pick any two or three from the bunch."

Am I reading too much into it?

A lot can change in the space of 8 minutes eh BB?

How is that calling Ricketts and Hughes as players eh LL? Come on....that's pathetic! We've overspent on them coz it's a massive part of the budget which should've been spread over the whole squad.....never called them bad players. Complete difference, which I'd expect someone with your intelligence to realise!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Lomax is not a proper left back he is a right back who can fill at left back if needed. You want to move Bertrand because you seem to think you know better than all the coaches at Chelsea and at Latics when he has been doing a decent job at left back and put another player there who will be playing out of position. Yes Bertrand has made the odd mistake but there is not one player in our squad that hasn't.

Why would i say Lomax is at Rochdale for effect - what kind of effect do you think i was going for? I simply pointed it out in case yourself or others hadn't realised he had gone back and that we can't recall him if he has only signed for a month which im pretty sure he has.

i did read your other post yes after you had pointed it out to me that it was on another thread. I presume you mean the one in which you want to put a player who has been playing awful for months and months and who has got absolutely no confidence whatsoever on the right wing with a player who still have got everything to prove and hardly played any competitive football as back up, a left back or someone on loan - who? we can't afford decent wages so we wont get a decent player - on the left wing and a right back who isn't even at the club at the moment at left back, Trotman as cover at centre half who again has hardly any experience in first team football, JP in the middle fair enough but that still means we will have no midfielders making runs into the box at the moment the only player who can do that is McDonald. I know JP did it a couple of times pre-season but that was against the likes of Rochdale.

I'm not saying that the likes of Trotman, Smalley etc are bad players but we already have several young players in our starting 11 we can't just keep throwing more in who have even less experience. If we had a more experienced side then by all means give them a chance but just added more kids to the ones that are already playing won't work. We need at least some experience in the team. And i'm not saying that Lids and McDonald are the best players in the world but at the moment we have limited options and they might just have the experience required to turn things round - course they might not and should Shez try Macca on Saturday and he plays awful you can come back on here on sunday and take great pleasure in telling me you told me so

Actually, yes, Chelski have it wrong IMO. There you go....all opinions eh! Chelski have theirs, I have mine. Also, as Chelski have loaned him as a LB I'm pretty certain we have no option to put him as a LW or else they'll recall him. Also, Lomax has played at LB and played well. Possibly more a RB than LB, but he's covered there and done well in the past. So no reason not to play him there.

As for Taylor and "has been playing awful for months and months" do I need to say it again? He's not a LW!!! He's a RW and will prove it once Shez gives him a run there.

"JP in the middle fair enough but that still means we will have no midfielders making runs into the box"

Which is why in that other post I put in brackets "with instructiions to make more runs!"

Not got time to answer the rest, as off out.

How is that calling Ricketts and Hughes as players eh LL? Come on....that's pathetic! We've overspent on them coz it's a massive part of the budget which should've been spread over the whole squad.....never called them bad players. Complete difference, which I'd expect someone with your intelligence to realise!

Erm, the phrase was, "bad buys," which you said you wouldn't call them. Then did. And just did again...

Erm, the phrase was, "bad buys," which you said you wouldn't call them. Then did. And just did again...

Nope...not called them bad buys at all. Think you'll find that I'm saying the money could've been focused on more than just 2 players, I don't once say that the 2 players we've spent the money on are bad players. Pretty poor Lees! Try again!

Nope...not called them bad buys at all. Think you'll find that I'm saying the money could've been focused on more than just 2 players, I don't once say that the 2 players we've spent the money on are bad players. Pretty poor Lees! Try again!

OK, I will try again. I never said that you said that they are bad players, despite you defending yourself against me doing that twice. You did however say pretty plainly that you think we should have spent the money on players other than them, and that their signings have left us with a poor squad, so doesn't that make them bad buys in your view?

OK, I will try again. I never said that you said that they are bad players, despite you defending yourself against me doing that twice. You did however say pretty plainly that you think we should have spent the money on players other than them, and that their signings have left us with a poor squad, so doesn't that make them bad buys in your view?

No...you've added 2 plus 2 and got 100! I'm annoyed that the way we've spent our budget has left us threadbare elsewhere. It isn't blaming the 2 players that you're trying to put words in my mouth over. But those in charge for deciding to, for want of a term, spend on too many luxuries! Having to loan out players coz we can't afford another wage etc. leaves us in a very dangerous situation....that ain't Hughes' or Ricketts fault though and doesn't make them bad players either.

Anyway, think you're clearly on the wind up here....it's pretty obvious what I'm saying!

So you knew what I meant from the start of it all then? You were just acting thick then :grin:

No, I may have known what you meant all along, but I was pointing out that you were being thick in how you were saying it :dunce::jester:

Anyway, whoever plays and in what formation, let's stuff them. Time for players to either live up to their reputations or to start earning a reputation for themselves.

Anyway, whoever plays and in what formation, let's stuff them. Time for players to either live up to their reputations or to start earning a reputation for themselves.

Sounds good to me. I think the reason why everyone was feeling rubbish last week was because of the high expectations. We stuffed Hudds last year, went on a run and we expected the same this year. Well, that and we've been playing badly for too long.

Let's see it this week before we all slit our wrists.

No, I may have known what you meant all along, but I was pointing out that you were being thick in how you were saying it :dunce::jester:

Lol...or you read....far too far into it! :wink::tongue:

Agree with them sentiments! To be honest....just a home win would be nice, even if we don't run all over them. Far too high a number in that L column in the H section of the table...for my liking!