D-Day 14th November at 6.00pm - Your Club Needs You!

Diego_Sideburns

Planning Committee Meeting - TTA need 300 supporters wearing colours.  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending this historic meeting?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Still unsure but hope to be there.
  2. 2. If attending, how many non-voters will be in your group?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five
    • More than five
    • Not applicable

As many people are not going to Forest and Orient, and spirits are very low at present, can I ask you to think about the long-term future of the Club?

Whether we have a Club in future depends on the grant of planning permission for the redevelopment of BP. Without that TTA will have no motivation for staying to watch their money go down the drain, week after week.

If you are able to make it, please come to the Planning Committee meeting on 14th November at 6.00pm in the Council Chamber at the Civic Centre (car parking and entrance off Rochdale Road). TTA are asking for a show of support and if this Forum is anything to go by, it looks likely there will be another poor turn-out.

It could be the only thing we have to shout about, so come along and be a part of history.

Perhaps after the announcement about the meeting at the Northampton game, many will have decided to come along, but it would be reassuring to know.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Chaddy The Owl coming along, I reckon we still need 287 more - if Leeslover's pre-requisites are all met, that's 286.

At this rate, by Sunday we'll still need 280 - that's only the 20 we had at the first meeting - pathetic!!

Please put the word round at the game tomorrow, and get as many as possible to promise to come to the meeting to support TTA. Then report back how many definites we've got.

I've asked the Club to get Franny to announce the meeting at tomorrow's game.

Im hoping to round up a number of my bunch...so thats a few more! Two of them are defos at the moment...

• 2 weeks later...

I have received the following email from the Club's Chief Executive:

"I am asking Ian Hill to do a piece for Saturday's programme about the importance of next week's meeting.

It now looks like the Highways Agency will be lifting their hold on the application and it will be on the agenda again for next Wednesday.

I will also ask Franny to do an announcement at the game.

Any help you and OWTB can provide will be very much appreciated and let's see if the TTA can get 300 supporters showing their support."

The Trust has written to its Honorary Trustees asking for their attendance, so Andy Ritchie, Joe Royle and Paul Scholes may be there if available.

We are on the verge of an historic moment in the life of Oldham Athletic. Wear your colours and prepare to celebrate the safeguarding of the Club's future IF planning permission is granted.

I have added a POLL to this thread to gauge attendance by OWTB members. Please pass on the word to other fans, friends, relatives, neighbours and residents of Oldham who believe that this impressive development is what the town needs. If necessary lend them your colours. :comeon:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Diego- do you have to vote on both parts of the poll to vote? If so, you need an N/A on the second part (it's giving an error when I try to vote no). I won't be making it- I'll be flying back from Frankfurt at the time of the meeting unfortunately.

Diego- do you have to vote on both parts of the poll to vote? If so, you need an N/A on the second part (it's giving an error when I try to vote no). I won't be making it- I'll be flying back from Frankfurt at the time of the meeting unfortunately.

Cheers! The second part only applies if attending, but I've added "not applicable" if that's what the system requires.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

See the fishal site for the official request for attendance at the meeting, under the slogan:

It's your club and your future - Your support is crucial. Thank you.

The club is asking for pledges of support to be emailed to:

stuart.vose@oldhamathletic.co.uk

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1162912,00.html

Guest sheridans_world

Royle, Ritchie and Scholes eh?

Still, i will be there. With my full right representing a resident. My gran lives near BP, has had all the correspondance, so i will be infultrating the residents area. I am of course in support of the development, my gran just doenst know it :grin:

Royle, Ritchie and Scholes eh?

Still, i will be there. With my full right representing a resident. My gran lives near BP, has had all the correspondance, so i will be infultrating the residents area. I am of course in support of the development, my gran just doenst know it :grin:

So have you voted as a Trojan horse in the NIMBY poll? :grin:

It won't take all night. I would expect our part of the meeting to be finished before 7.00pm.

Diego, if the club wants 300, tell them that they will stand the beer in celebration afterwards at Wetherspoons... 300 x £2 a head.... ????

Diego, if the club wants 300, tell them that they will stand the beer in celebration afterwards at Wetherspoons... 300 x £2 a head.... ????

Many a true word spoken in jest!

Perhaps TTA are trying to see if there's enough support out there for once without it having to cost them!

It would be nice to treat them to a drink for once if their plans are approved.

I can't make it I'm afraid and the worst thing is that there's an issue regarding my own property coming up in the same meeting.

A bit cheeky, but, if anyone who's going fancies speaking on my behalf [just a couple of sentences], I would be most grateful.

Please pm me if you could see your way to helping me out.

Sorry it's a bit off topic but you don't get if you don't ask...

Matt

Looks like we will need far fewer than 300 to go. According to The Chron, and as we know The Chron is rarely wrong, there will only be 120 seats in the chamber. How good would it be if all 120 seats were filled by Latics fans!

I have pointed this out to the Club.

We need those attending to get there as early as possible because the rarely wrong Chron says the 120 seats are on a first come basis, and you can bet that the residents wil be there early.

I have pointed this out to the Club.

We need those attending to get there as early as possible because the rarely wrong Chron says the 120 seats are on a first come basis, and you can bet that the residents wil be there early.

Can you not take your own seat?