197 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• IN
    • OUT

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because you are coming across as a keyboard warrior.

you are also a typical know it all.

kyle....i bet you are not over 25..

have you ever seen latics ROCK BOTTOM?

i know you haven't.

stop watching the glam of sky and believe the fact this is a little 3rd division team in the north west near manc land.

FFS!

I don’t want to get into this I am a bigger blue than you stuff, but you’re right & wrong, I am 24.

My first game was in 1987 at home to derby I think, been a season ticket holder ever since.

I’ve sponsored games, player’s club initiatives and everything else you can think of. Anybody who knows me knows cut me and I bleed Blue & Tangerine and to be honest this is the most down hearted I have ever been because the club is on the verge of something special and we are being held back by the obvious. (In my Opinion lol)

I wont boo at the game it only gets to the players and defeats the point!

I must be really stupid though because looking at all the facts in the cold light of day and adding up all the positives and negativities I can still only find one common denominator in our failings and that’s John Sheridan.

Were just not going to agree but I think the tactics are wrong there’s no motivation he’s lost the dressing room no players listen to him, players are falling out i.e. Rickets lamping Taylor mid week Kilkenny not liking Davies or being able to play with Kalala because they don’t get on the list is endless.

I seem to be banging my head against the wall but if you knew the facts and weighed them up you would formulate the same opinion as myself, but at the end of the day that’s not what I want, I just want improvement and I am here to gauge opinions not to go on a crusade.

people are quite right,we shouldnt be having this kind of debate or poll.too early....but...

football managers jobs rely on results,you dont get the results you go on your way.

i have always said give a manager until christmas,if there not performing then,that is the time to get rid.

the one thing that really upsets me about shez,is that he has been saying for the last 4 or 5 games he isnt affraid to drop players,make changes for the good of the team.

sadly he isnt a man of his word,or he would have changed things around sooner.

moaning that players are not listening to him,just drop them,half time is the time to say right,were at home,work there keeper harder,give the fans something to cheer about,but by the sounds of it today he had a glass listening to the oppositions team talk.

at the end of the day he is oldham through and through,and wants to do his best,but he was the cheap appointment,promote within,and using an inexperienced assistant.

the amigos will be here until the stadium is redeveloped thus wiping debts out,then they will leave,unless there is something to stick around for.

sadly i doubt it that shez will be here to manage in the new stadium.

off the top of my head managers out of work are

john gregory

paul jewel

peter ried

martin allen

i am not saying i would like any of these managers,but i think if shez does get the push,they should appoint someone with a lot more experience and technical know how.

How reliable are these posts? KYLEOAFC and mattyoafc - do you have contacts in the Club or media who have told you this? This is too serious to make statements without backing them up with facts.

If you are both telling the truth, then there is no point discussing this topic, because TTA have had less patience than approximately two thirds of the voters on OWTB.

If you are not telling the truth then I would think that to post such misinformation may well involve you in the risk of litigation.

ALLEGEDLY The Owners are quick to defend themselves and showed that with the Chris killen affair, If its litigation they want it will be me and half the club in the dock! lol

Edited by KYLEOAFC

The Owners are quick to defend themselves and showed that with the Chris killen affair, If its litigation they want it will be me and half the club in the dock! lol

I don't understand what you are saying and you didn't answer my questions.

I repeat: How reliable are these posts? Do you have contacts in the Club or media who have told you this?

In for now, but the buck stops with him and he's gotta sort it out soon in my view. He has earned the right to try and put it right and we shouldn't be making knee-jerk decisions. However, the job comes with responsibility and TTA might have to swallow the brave pill and get shut if things don't improve by Xmas.

Well I got slated last time but this is more relevant now!

My vote, after seeing him on the touchline today doing nothing looking clueless, coming out with the same post match comments and not having the balls to ring in the changes is OUT! Sorry folks.

:angry:

I'm 110% Shez in...no make that 120%. Patience is a virtue and its one hope hope TTA posses. It'll come good.

However having said that I'd be very surprised if TTA have not got a timescale in mind for improvement and even maybe a probable candidate. (Mike Newell)

Guest sheridans_world
" i cant give the players B0ll0ckslmao

Still not answered questions, you say you are 24, then act it, grow up and answer something when asked.

So On behalf of Diego.

Can you qualify your comments? Have you contacts in the club?

Somehow i dont think so.

Put up or shut up.

Its to be read as hearsay.

The events Allegedly Happened for legal reasons i am not in a position to confirm or deny, No comment.

Just read it as fiction, if it comes true it does if it doesnt its what this place is about idle gossip football banter and the opinions and views of others.

In summary i shut up! lol :unsure:

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Guest sheridans_world
Its to be read as hearsay.

The events Allegedly Happened for legal reasons i am not in a position to confirm or deny, No comment.

Just read it as fiction, if it comes true it does if it doesnt its what this place is about idle gossip football banter and the opinions and views of others.

In summary i shut up! lol :unsure:

So a rumour bascially, not even anything in it.

Thanks for the answer.

The people who want Shez out are the same idiots who think Ricketts is lazy, useless and does nothing for the team.

I don't want Shez out, but Ricketts is a steaming pile of crap. So what if he gets a few flick ons? He's striker, why isn't he scoring? It's that simple. Why hasn't he been properly dropped when we have a enthusiastic lad with such potential in Matty Wolfenden crying to get a spell in the first team rather than play a few odd games here and there. I think players need to be picked based of motivation and performance rather than reputation. You can say Davies has been equally bad as Ricketts but you'd be wrong. Davies has scored more, he looks more dangerous when he gets the ball near the opponents box, he shoots. Ricketts might have scored the chances Davies missed today but the fact is Ricketts wasn't there to miss the chance.

I don't think firing Sheridan will help matters although I have questioned his tactical ability. It was his lack of experience (in not seeing where we were weak last season in January and reinforcing what was a tired squad) which cost us promotion, League 1 title was at our feet when we were 1-0 against Millwall at home and that's when our title hopes went down the swanny river.

Please Shez, unleash the Wolf....5 straight starts and let's see what he can really do!

I don't understand what you are saying and you didn't answer my questions.

I repeat: How reliable are these posts? Do you have contacts in the Club or media who have told you this?

I think he's chatting a load of ginger snap.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

One point to take into account is that one play off team always gets relegated the following season, Hartlepool lost in the final and were relegated two seasons ago , Brentford got to the play offs and were relegated last year

But Senor, you've missed out one vital point in that statement.

Neither Hartlepool nor Brentford had the same manager that got them to the playoffs for the season after, we do.

Regarding this poll, don't get me wrong, I too think that Shez has made some bad decisions this season. But this is not time to be making a long term decision like "Sack the manager" especially in our situation, because if you look back at the number of managerial changes we've had since we came into this league I think it shows the reason why we are still in this league. Ritchie has had the longest reign out of any manager since relegation to this division and towards the end of his reign we were slowly but surely starting to make an impact in this league.

I'd rather take my chances with Shez, who didn't do too badly in his 1st full season if you remember, than anyone else (it really doesn't matter who it is) who will perform even more surgery on this already plastic team and inevitably put us right back where we started.

I don't want Shez out, but Ricketts is a steaming pile of crap. So what if he gets a few flick ons? He's striker, why isn't he scoring? It's that simple. Why hasn't he been properly dropped when we have a enthusiastic lad with such potential in Matty Wolfenden crying to get a spell in the first team rather than play a few odd games here and there. I think players need to be picked based of motivation and performance rather than reputation. You can say Davies has been equally bad as Ricketts but you'd be wrong. Davies has scored more, he looks more dangerous when he gets the ball near the opponents box, he shoots. Ricketts might have scored the chances Davies missed today but the fact is Ricketts wasn't there to miss the chance.

I don't think firing Sheridan will help matters although I have questioned his tactical ability. It was his lack of experience (in not seeing where we were weak last season in January and reinforcing what was a tired squad) which cost us promotion, League 1 title was at our feet when we were 1-0 against Millwall at home and that's when our title hopes went down the swanny river.

Please Shez, unleash the Wolf....5 straight starts and let's see what he can really do!

I think he's chatting a load of ginger snap.

A few points to answer to...

He's not scoring because he's the guy who gets the flick ons...if the defence continue to hoof it up there's very little Ricketts can do with his back to goal 30 yards away. When we play on the floor he looks more like scoring (a la Walsall). You can't expect him to take the ball down with four defenders between him and the goal (one of which is normally holding him as he's collected an aerial ball), skin them all and rifle it in. He's doing all he can with the hoofball that the defence seem intent on playing.

Wolfy - well we tried the Wolfy/Davies combination last week and struggled. The high balls were still being pumped forward but there was noone to take them down and redistribute the ball to the midfield/other striker. If we're going to play long ball then Wolfy is way too small to be the target man.

'Ricketts might have scored the chances Davies missed today but the fact is Ricketts wasn't there to miss the chance' - well the glaring opportunity today came when Davies rounded the keeper and managed to miss the target...he only got the ball because of Rico's superb pass through. The reason he wasn't there to miss the chance was because he's the one who set up the chance in the first place.

He was far and away our best player today.

I wont boo at the game it only gets to the players and defeats the point!

ALLEGEDLY I must be really stupid though because looking at all the facts in the cold light of day and adding up all the positives and negativities I can still only find one common denominator in our failings andALLEGEDLY that’s John Sheridan.

ALLEGEDLY Were just not going to agree but I think the tactics are wrong ALLEGEDLY there’s no motivation ALLEGEDLY he’s lost the dressing roomALLEGEDLY no players listen to him, ALLEGEDLY players are falling out i.e.ALLEGEDLY Rickets lamping Taylor mid week ALLEGEDLY Kilkenny not liking Davies or ALLEGEDLY being able to play with Kalala because they don’t get on the list is endless.

ALLEGEDLY I seem to be banging my head against the wall but if you knew the facts and weighed them up you would formulate the same opinion as myself, but at the end of the day that’s not what I want, I just want improvement and I am here to gauge opinions not to go on a crusade.

Kyle, I see your point and just by looking at the league table gives you a valid reason to put it across. But please stop all this ALLEGEDLY rubbish because it makes you come across as a crazy ranter and it doesn't add to your argument at all.

Cheers

unbelievable.

the "backbone" of this towns support really get my goat.

bring back ronniesaurauos eh????

the crap i heard in the main stand today hit me hard-and i ,with a lot others answered back......very loudly.

do i really WANT to support my local team of 34+years and put up with this crap anymore?

at the moment...i doubt it.

people who know me know i other interests...very passionatley too.

but latics is always first.

alway was.

unfortunatly,thing are changing -i along with many others try our best get too away games(going to orient kyle?)

nothing to do with results/team selections/blah whatever we always try to go.

.but.......its because of the :censored: i have had to listen too over the last 12+ years when we came out of the premier:censored:e you start to think......

"why do these dicks keep coming back???"

i am typing this at the moment with my head in my hands...confused.....nothing about this clubs support adds up.

there are about 1000 absolute strong 100% latics...i mean THROUGH AND THROUGH...we try our :censored:in hardest to always be there....but.

i beginning to not want this club anymore......not because we ain't sucessful/struggling/whatever...

its because i'm SICK of the short sighted idiots who DEMAND success NOW.

you want it NOW..............?

:censored: off to man utd....this is oldham athlethic...a team that TRYS to beat the odds.

we might fail....but we try........you want a trophy every season....you know where old trafford park is.....

tired.. in more ways than one,

adios amigos.

johnny

ALLEGEDLY....

Im thinking you should change your name to Bob Lob, and you should open your own lawyers practise. If I was going to think of names for your company it would be Bob Lob Law.

John Sheridan= OAFC legend. Everyone should show some loyalty, simple as. Everyone moans when no loyalty is shown by a player, ala Wellens and Porter, but no loyalty is shown by the fans. Give him a chance!

ALL OF MY COMMENTS IN THIS TOPIC ARE MY OWN VIEWS AND MAY NOT BE TRUE. PLEASE READ AS FICTION. !!

Well I got slated last time but this is more relevant now!

My vote, after seeing him on the touchline today ALLEGEDLY doing nothingALLEGEDLY looking clueless, coming out with the same post match comments and ALLEGEDLYnot having the balls to ring in the changes is OUT! Sorry folks.

:angry:

Kyle....can I say a few things.....

Post number 42

Member number 1165

First of all....."Where were you when we were good?"

Second of all....."You only sing when we're :censored:! Sing when we're :censored:, you only sing when we're :censored:!"

Finally....."Stand up.....for the :censored: stirrer......stand up, for the :censored: stirrer........"

Come on.....where've you been this last two or 3 weeks while we've all discussed things, talked about what might be wrong, how to put things right etc?

Nah.....:censored: that! You can't be :censored:ked with that, can ya? Instead, you'll just try and look popular by going with the kneejerk opinion which will obviously be spouted after todays game!

Well done.......our club needs you! Be proud of yourself!!!

My vote...........Sheridan in......you and the rest got the last manager sacked and he was taking us forward! So back your latest man!!! Or are you all as gutless as last time? Yep.....You are!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Guest captain spaulding
ALL OF MY COMMENTS IN THIS TOPIC ARE MY OWN VIEWS AND MAY NOT BE TRUE. PLEASE READ AS FICTION. !!

thats fiction kyle. ill give you summat though youve got some balls posting that mate. you cant just chop the man at the top.there is definitely a morale problem in the team you are hardly helping posting that. we need to get behind the team in their hour of need

But sometimes freedom of speech can be used to poison the minds of others. It's one thing saying Shez has made mistakes etc. but another with a campaign to have him sacked. I bet you were booing with the rest of the idiots today.

My my....not a truer word spoken....and with Ronnie it began at the end of August....and snowballed! Well look where we are now.....at least this latest one has a chance as I am this time backed by others.....and yet, to me, I do feel a bit uncertain on backing him as he's made a shedload of mistakes and shown complete negativity and complacency! But he like any other guy, Ronnie included deserves the time to see things through. And fans like we've got shouting for his head do nothing but create a situation that needn't be there. I know their frustration...the irony is....those who wanted Moore to have time have more frustration than any other scroat who is now calling for Shez's head! Smell the coffee and shut your mouths for a month or two......Shez knows he's cocked up......now let him sort it! IF he can???

unbelievable.

the "backbone" of this towns support really get my goat.

bring back ronniesaurauos eh????

the crap i heard in the main stand today hit me hard-and i ,with a lot others answered back......very loudly.

do i really WANT to support my local team of 34+years and put up with this crap anymore?

at the moment...i doubt it.

people who know me know i other interests...very passionatley too.

but latics is always first.

alway was.

unfortunatly,thing are changing -i along with many others try our best get too away games(going to orient kyle?)

nothing to do with results/team selections/blah whatever we always try to go.

.but.......its because of the :censored: i have had to listen too over the last 12+ years when we came out of the premier:censored:e you start to think......

"why do these dicks keep coming back???"

i am typing this at the moment with my head in my hands...confused.....nothing about this clubs support adds up.

there are about 1000 absolute strong 100% latics...i mean THROUGH AND THROUGH...we try our :censored:in hardest to always be there....but.

i beginning to not want this club anymore......not because we ain't sucessful/struggling/whatever...

its because i'm SICK of the short sighted idiots who DEMAND success NOW.

you want it NOW..............?

:censored: off to man utd....this is oldham athlethic...a team that TRYS to beat the odds.

we might fail....but we try........you want a trophy every season....you know where old trafford park is.....

tired.. in more ways than one,

adios amigos.

johnny

No offence Johnny but you know me....my views....and....

"bring back ronniesaurauos eh????"

Nope....nobodys asking that....and nobody, even those in support, ever will....but....

"I'm beginning to not want this club anymore"

Been there...done that....bought the T-shirt....and burnt it!

"i'm SICK of the short sighted idiots who DEMAND success NOW"

Your points are becoming ironic.....

":censored: off to man utd....this is oldham athlethic"

I got told this when I was trying to defend a dinosaur who was (without being asthetically pleasing apparently) taking us forward.....to which I replied, "it's a results business" I was told to....well, your quote is there....and then after he went, fans sang "We've got our Oldham back" etc.

There's a major, major contradiction in it all...your views, my views, anyones views......nothing adds up at all!!!

Best player on the pitch today by a country mile. Won everything and put some good balls through to Davies, who wasted them. He held it up brilliantly, but noone could be arsed to make a run.

correct there jss,ricketts wins the ball 9 times out of 10 he either flicks it on,or holds it up and lays it off.we the fans can see this,so why can't the players.makes you wonder what they practise in training.yesterday's game was crying out for gary mac,think he'd get some joy feeding off ricketts.ktf.

Just can't understand this poll at all. Typical of a short-term media obsessed culture. Thank goodness Big Joe wasn't sacked in the 87/88 season when we were awful on the back of the previous playoff years or we'd have never seen the 'pinch me years'. Yes, Shez has made mistakes, but he deserves more than a little time to get things right. Changing managers every other year only leads us down the path of large scale changes..staff, players etc and allows no time for proper planning, both on the playing side and the financial side. I for one think that so far we've had a team that due to injuries, suspensions and lack of playing time together has yet to form any understanding. A fit hughes back, a few more 1st teamers back in contention and extended playing time for the various combinations on the pitch and things could click very quickly.

I for one look at the run of games coming up and fancy our chances, after all it has always been the case that we fire better against the 'bigger'/top of the table teams - so why not now. I also look at the fact that it is Orient, Carlisle etc who are up there and no one is running away with it. We are due a run of good results and if that happens we could well be there or there abouts by the turn of the year. There is ALWAYS one team in this division that gets off to an awful start and then goes on a run towards the end of the season. Why can't it be us?

Give him time and keep the faith