Sheridan Out!

KYLEOAFC

You decide.  

197 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• IN
    • OUT

I have voted him IN, but until Christmas, but after that I may change my mind. JS talks about none of the players have :censored: - I think he needs to get some, to sort his team out. He is not changing enough and leaving players off the team sheet if they are not performing, and whatever he is saying at the moment is not working. Having said that. he is Oldham through and through, and if someone else more experienced comes through their blood will not bleed blue will it. IMO we should back him to the hilt and continue to get behind the team till Santa comes, then we (and I am sure TTA) will be thinking again. I cannot even contemplate League 2 football.

Edited by oa_exile
Language

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted to keep him in , its to soon to be talking like this. I can imagine these polls at the start of big Joes reign if they would have exhisted. What would have happened if loyalty wasnt shown towards Joe, no glory years.

Give Shez a chance, he has had 12 months in charge of a mediocre team and he should be given time to turn this around.

Remember we should be grateful we are still watching football at BP after the moore era. Come on guys KEEP THE FAITH all will be well in time

Question, Has anybody heard his interview after yesterday’s game?

If so you would have heard him say they are not listening to me, they just play Long ball and Hoof it!

We have been playing long ball and hoofing it ALL season what has he done to change that?

I don’t for one minute think players like Gregan Liddell Rickets and Kilkenny would listen to him should he rant and rave and they obviously don’t when we fall behind and he knows that!

I like sheridan as a guy but he's not the man for this job or to take us foward IMO.

HOOF.

I like sheridan as a guy but he's not the man for this job or to take us foward IMO.

HOOF.

And you were saying that last January to?

Im going to agree with the people who are saying give Sheridan until Jan ... it`s still to early IMO for him to go .. if things dont pick up then a new manager can wheel and deal in January.

Edited by kellys_discopants

No just from Feb onwards lol

Actually I have just thought he has done something to sort the Hoof Ball mentality out!

IMO this is how he did it.

JS “ Hmm who’s one of the biggest culprits of the Hoof ball up front when times get tough? Hmmm ………EARDLEY! I know, I will make him captain”

Jeeze thanks John.

ALLEGEDLY HES ALREADY PACKING HIS STUFF . ALLEGEDLY CORNEY AND HIM FIGHTING BEFORE THE GAME HE WONT BE HERE MONDAY!

ALLEGEDLY THATS WHY JS WAS SO ANNOYED ALL GAME HE'S ON HIS WAY! THANK GOD!

You're a real true blue supporter you are, Kyle!! I always thought the definition of a supporter was one who supports. One of us has got it wrong. Shez got us into the play-offs last season as a rookie manager. He HAD to bring players in to replace those that had gone and, hand on heart, who didn't see Ricketts, Davies, Kalala et al as good signings when they first arrived?

But, like so many "fans", there are those who need a scapegoat or two when things don't go right, rather than look at the broader picture. We're a League 1 side with a mixture of kids, local talent and a sprinkling of those with Championship / Premiership experience. That does not not gel overnight. It takes time, and that's something we have to give Shez and his (relatively new) team.

Do you think Shez is happy seeing us in this position? Of course he bloody isn't. It will be hurting him deeply. because he cares deeply. We all know how he wants the game to be played; he doesn't want us just lumping it, he wants us to play football. He's brought in players who are maybe a bit too intelligent (football-wise) for this division and, yes, Ricketts is without doubt one of them. Just watch his positional play, the way he makes space for himself, the flick-ons and touches he provides to others. I said a couple of weeks ago that he created about 20yards for himself at Cheltenham that even Andy Liddell didn't pick out.

What we need now is stability and, with Stam and Hughes almost there, Smalley and Alessandra back, the choices are more appealing. I'm not going to suggest what my favoured line-up would be, there are too many options. All I am going to suggest is FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, GET BEHIND SHEZ AND THE BOYS AND START SUPPORTING. IT'S WHAT TRUE SUPPORTERS DO. Booing players who wear the blue shirt is a bloody disgrace. It makes me savage. I remember listening to a tiny band of so-called supporters a couple of seasons back singing "Going down with Ronnie Moore" and we were about 6 WEEKS INTO THE SEASON. God, what a mentality and wanting rid of Shez now smacks of much of the same.

Look for the positives, they're out there if you look hard enough but, above all :ktf: and KEEP SUPPORTING.

:rant.sml: over

You're a real true blue supporter you are, Kyle!! I always thought the definition of a supporter was one who supports. One of us has got it wrong. Shez got us into the play-offs last season as a rookie manager. He HAD to bring players in to replace those that had gone and, hand on heart, who didn't see Ricketts, Davies, Kalala et al as good signings when they first arrived?

But, like so many "fans", there are those who need a scapegoat or two when things don't go right, rather than look at the broader picture. We're a League 1 side with a mixture of kids, local talent and a sprinkling of those with Championship / Premiership experience. That does not not gel overnight. It takes time, and that's something we have to give Shez and his (relatively new) team.

Do you think Shez is happy seeing us in this position? Of course he bloody isn't. It will be hurting him deeply. because he cares deeply. We all know how he wants the game to be played; he doesn't want us just lumping it, he wants us to play football. He's brought in players who are maybe a bit too intelligent (football-wise) for this division and, yes, Ricketts is without doubt one of them. Just watch his positional play, the way he makes space for himself, the flick-ons and touches he provides to others. I said a couple of weeks ago that he created about 20yards for himself at Cheltenham that even Andy Liddell didn't pick out.

What we need now is stability and, with Stam and Hughes almost there, Smalley and Alessandra back, the choices are more appealing. I'm not going to suggest what my favoured line-up would be, there are too many options. All I am going to suggest is FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, GET BEHIND SHEZ AND THE BOYS AND START SUPPORTING. IT'S WHAT TRUE SUPPORTERS DO. Booing players who wear the blue shirt is a bloody disgrace. It makes me savage. I remember listening to a tiny band of so-called supporters a couple of seasons back singing "Going down with Ronnie Moore" and we were about 6 WEEKS INTO THE SEASON. God, what a mentality and wanting rid of Shez now smacks of much of the same.

Look for the positives, they're out there if you look hard enough but, above all :ktf: and KEEP SUPPORTING.

Totally agree with you there mate . Good points made

the thing is,how many times has shez now said they wont listen to me.its not me telling them to hoof it and i cant understand why they do it.

what does that say....hes wasting his time as they wont do as he ask....but then again he wont drop them either,he says he isnt affraid to play kids,but wont give them a chance.

might sound harsh but he should fine any player who wont do as he is told,£50 a hoof and they will soon stop it.

the only thing i will suggest is that perhaps he has lost the dressing room if they wont listen.

That’s my point, he (JS) wants to play football on the floor and pass the ball so why not drop the players who don’t listen to him and the ones that hoof it?

We’ve been doing it all season so far.

And this may go down like a lead balloon,

IMO Stam won’t save the day or JS.

Stam isn’t good enough technically and his positioning is at best questionable,

But I will give him this he tries Hard and fights for the team which is better than most out there but all I would say is don’t look at him as our saviour there’s more to it than one defender.

the thing is,how many times has shez now said they wont listen to me.its not me telling them to hoof it and i cant understand why they do it.

what does that say....hes wasting his time as they wont do as he ask....but then again he wont drop them either,he says he isnt affraid to play kids,but wont give them a chance.

might sound harsh but he should fine any player who wont do as he is told,£50 a hoof and they will soon stop it.

the only thing i will suggest is that perhaps he has lost the dressing room if they wont listen.

"EDXACTLY" LOL

Its sad but the players dont seem to have any respect for him.

Stam isn’t good enough technically and his positioning is at best questionable,

Isn't good technically? He controls the ball instantly, he can pick out a pass (a massive plus for centre halfs in this division) he wins headers, hes good in the tackle and he doesn't back out of 50/50 challenges and he doesnt hoof the ball unless he needs to, though i do agree he does sometimes get caught out of position. His only downside is his injury record - oh and his new haircut, he looked much sexier before he had it cut :blush:

Isn't good technically? He controls the ball instantly, he can pick out a pass (a massive plus for centre halfs in this division) he wins headers, hes good in the tackle and he doesn't back out of 50/50 challenges and he doesnt hoof the ball unless he needs to, though i do agree he does sometimes get caught out of position. His only downside is his injury record - oh and his new haircut, he looked much sexier before he had it cut :blush:

His missus isn't bad either - grrrr.

:wub:

Kyle, this may appear to be a vendetta against you, but Stam is arguably too good for this division.........if he can remain fit.

Each to their own. Anybody who went to the reserves would struggle to understand how he's arguably the best in our league, i think stam is at best average sorry folks.

But he tries so i would rather play him.

Every man is entitled to his opinion. Kyle should be free to speak his mind, yet Kyle, you cant expect everyone to see things your way... Were all fed up with results since Feb, but i dont think that sacking Shez is the way to solve the crisis. Need to have some patience.

Every man is entitled to his opinion. Kyle should be free to speak his mind, yet Kyle, you cant expect everyone to see things your way... Were all fed up with results since Feb, but i dont think that sacking Shez is the way to solve the crisis. Need to have some patience.

I am just here to give an opinion and discuss, i dont want keyboard mates or to be popular, just wondering what over tics are thinking.

Guest captain spaulding

i dont think its fair to ask you to go away cos you are obviously determined in your views which is good for this thread so nice one mate. but stam is a solid defender in this division kyle.what are you asking for? bloody roberto carlos or william gallas? ok maybe those 2 are above the radar.lol. even if we went into the market for a a better player for the same wage/costs i think u would struggle. i know u would struggle.

I don’t want to get into this I am a bigger blue than you stuff, but you’re right & wrong, I am 24.

My first game was in 1987 at home to derby I think, been a season ticket holder ever since.

I’ve sponsored games, player’s club initiatives and everything else you can think of. Anybody who knows me knows cut me and I bleed Blue & Tangerine and to be honest this is the most down hearted I have ever been because the club is on the verge of something special and we are being held back by the obvious. (In my Opinion lol)

I'm sorry but just because you've watched the team for 20 years, doesn't make your arguement any more credible. To be honest, I think you're trying to back up your arguement by just selecting the facts which hint that Sheridans a bad manager i.e he doesn't seem to carry out his word, he doesn't seem to be giving the young 'uns a go etc

But if you take how much Sheridan loves our club, how much he's done for us, how much he did for us last season, into consideration, then maybe you'll realise that we shouldn't even CONSIDER sacking the him just 3 months into a new season.

We know we have the quality in this team to do well and the fact that they're playing hoof ball and not passing and whatever else tells me that the problems lie with the PLAYERS, not the manager, so I for one don't see how sacking Shez is the solution.

And you're continued use of the word 'allegedly' was really annoying me by the way

I'm sorry but just because you've watched the team for 20 years, doesn't make your arguement any more credible. To be honest, I think you're trying to back up your arguement by just selecting the facts which hint that Sheridans a bad manager i.e he doesn't seem to carry out his word, he doesn't seem to be giving the young 'uns a go etc

But if you take how much Sheridan loves our club, how much he's done for us, how much he did for us last season, into consideration, then maybe you'll realise that we shouldn't even CONSIDER sacking the him just 3 months into a new season.

We know we have the quality in this team to do well and the fact that they're playing hoof ball and not passing and whatever else tells me that the problems lie with the PLAYERS, not the manager, so I for one don't see how sacking Shez is the solution.

And you're continued use of the word 'allegedly' was really annoying me by the way

tottenham didnt take what jol did last season into consideration did they,or carlisle.and neither will derby or reading when they sack there manager.

good thing is it now looks like he is ready to change,brought mcdonald back for tuesday and says other changes may yet be made.

now just sit back and wait for the gary mac hate boys to start posting.

tottenham didnt take what jol did last season into consideration did they,or carlisle.and neither will derby or reading when they sack there manager.

good thing is it now looks like he is ready to change,brought mcdonald back for tuesday and says other changes may yet be made.

now just sit back and wait for the gary mac hate boys to start posting.

Gary Mc was the answer for the last 20mins on Sat....not starting on Tuesday! But...I hope I put commentators curse on him and he plays a blinder. Changing personel ain't just the answer for me though....changing tactics, players about in the XI etc. (Taylor to the right etc) is the answer.