197 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• IN
    • OUT

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because you are coming across as a keyboard warrior.

you are also a typical know it all.

kyle....i bet you are not over 25..

have you ever seen latics ROCK BOTTOM?

i know you haven't.

stop watching the glam of sky and believe the fact this is a little 3rd division team in the north west near manc land.

FFS!

A little third division team that played in the Premiership, reached a major cup final and a FA cup semi final and entertained Royally at a time when (If my memory serves me,) We were still in Manc land. You set your sights low if you want. Me, I pay my money to be entertained and to see professionals play to the best of their ability. I also subscribe to this forum to read other people's views with objectivity. Keep posting Kyle, your views may not be shared but they are as valid as Boundary Park Blues, Diegos, Senor Coconut and mine. I don't want to ever see Latics rock bottom again and believe we have the squad to gain promotion this year. I'm not as convinced by the Coaching staff (Sorry if that offends any Sheridan Lovers... No I'm not... It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it).

:mainstand:

A little third division team that played in the Premiership, reached a major cup final and a FA cup semi final and entertained Royally at a time when (If my memory serves me,) We were still in Manc land. You set your sights low if you want. Me, I pay my money to be entertained and to see professionals play to the best of their ability. I also subscribe to this forum to read other people's views with objectivity. Keep posting Kyle, your views may not be shared but they are as valid as Boundary Park Blues, Diegos, Senor Coconut and mine. I don't want to ever see Latics rock bottom again and believe we have the squad to gain promotion this year. I'm not as convinced by the Coaching staff (Sorry if that offends any Sheridan Lovers... No I'm not... It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it).

Well said. As you can see by my username i am a big Shez fan and i don't agree that sacking Shez is the answer but this is a board where latics fans can share their opinions whether they are negative or postitive and you are entitled to them Kyle.

To ask someone to leave this board is nothing other than pathetic.

Guest oa_exile
To ask someone to leave this board is nothing other than pathetic.

Sorry to come into the thread guys but where is this posted ?

Sheridan is not the problem! Looking at our team on paper this year I can only see 1 team in the league which should be a problem (I'm not gonna swear but you can probably guess who I mean). The Players Shez has brought in are good players! and as soon as they learn to play together, and actually bother to put the effort in we need. We WILL win games! we have a damn good team this season. and I see no reason why automatic promotion isnt a very good possibility! (and its never too late, look at last season! we wernt doing that much better than we are now!!!)

On Saturday KYLEOAFC dropped the bombshell allegation that Shez would be on his way out today. Well Monday has come and gone, and Shez is still in the job.

The fishal site says Shez is focussing on getting the positive vibe back in the Club, starting with the match at Forest.

Shez says his long association with the Club and the fans continues to be a major motivating factor. He understands the fans' frustration. He wants to do very well for the Club and take it further than other people have. (No Kyle, he doesn't mean League 2.) He says he'll be trying his hardest to achieve that.

But he's not daft - he knows it's all about results. He doesn't want to be in a relegation fight - he thinks we're too good for that - but we have to get out there and prove it.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1154935,00.html

On Saturday KYLEOAFC dropped the bombshell allegation that Shez would be on his way out today. Well Monday has come and gone, and Shez is still in the job.

The fishal site says Shez is focussing on getting the positive vibe back in the Club, starting with the match at Forest.

Shez says his long association with the Club and the fans continues to be a major motivating factor. He understands the fans' frustration. He wants to do very well for the Club and take it further than other people have. (No Kyle, he doesn't mean League 2.) He says he'll be trying his hardest to achieve that.

But he's not daft - he knows it's all about results. He doesn't want to be in a relegation fight - he thinks we're too good for that - but we have to get out there and prove it.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1154935,00.html

Like I said before I have nothing against JS and I hope he proves me wrong.

I said what allegedly happened and what I was told.

At the end of the day those who don’t agree with my opinion or me still share the same dreams and aspirations as I do, and others on here,

We all want this club to do well.

It’s how we can achieve this success, is where we have the differing views.

Like I said before I have nothing against JS and I hope he proves me wrong.

I said what allegedly happened and what I was told.

At the end of the day those who don’t agree with my opinion or me still share the same dreams and aspirations as I do, and others on here,

We all want this club to do well.

It’s how we can achieve this success, is where we have the differing views.

i got told today by 3 different people,who have no reason to lie and 2 of whom are in employment by the club that shez and corney had a bust up before the game.

yes he is still here,and long may he continue to be,but he does need to address certain things regarding players and tactics,lets hope it does it tomorrow with a win and the start of one of those 6 or 7 game unbeaten runs.

If there's one thing in football that I have never understood it is the singular, blind and all too predictable notion amongst fans and boards alike that the only acceptable response to unacceptable results is to sack the manager.

It's a pointless (literally) cycle that costs clubs up and down the country millions every season. And yet no-one learns.

Yes of course there are situations where sacking the manager is the right thing to do, to start afresh and change everything from the top down. But surely such an expensive choice should be the last resort not, as is too often the case, the first?!

I believe John Sheridan's talent should be nurtured and cherished. He could become an excellent manager, but as yet he is still learning. I want him to carry on learning as manager of Oldham Athletic, I want him to work out what he has to do to overcome the problems we undoubtedly have, and I want him to take us forward.

I'm not close enough to the club to really know how things are going behind the scenes, how the key relationships (owners and manager, manager and coaches/players) are working. I honestly don't know if it's the case that Sheridan can't make the players understand what he wants them to do, or whether some players just aren't motivated enough to put in the performances they need to, or whether some of them just aren't as good as we thought.

If there has to be a change of staff, I'd suggest maybe we need more experience in amongst the old pals act on the bench... a senior coach/assistant who Sheridan can bounce things off, someone to help guide him in the right direction sometimes, maybe someone who can get things over to the players a little differently. Experience counts for an awful lot when the chips are down, and I think it's only experience that Sheridan is lacking in now.

If there has to be a change of staff, I'd suggest maybe we need more experience in amongst the old pals act on the bench... a senior coach/assistant who Sheridan can bounce things off, someone to help guide him in the right direction sometimes, maybe someone who can get things over to the players a little differently. Experience counts for an awful lot when the chips are down, and I think it's only experience that Sheridan is lacking in now.

Throw Big Ron into the mixer....should make it entertaining, at least!?!? :tongue:

Guest sheridans_world

I like how this poll has developed. The 'quick to vote' section seemed to give a 66% majority to stay, obviously a third wanting Shez to leave, yesterday, it was 75% to stay and 25% to leave, a fourth of the voters. Today its (as close as makes no difference) 80% and 20%, a fifth of all voters.

Shez still has a lot of friends at boundary park.

Edited by sheridans_world

Have not read any of the above posts - what a complete load of tossers our fans can be - all happy when things are going well, all moaning when not so good - all baying for the sacking of RM then we get someone in whose all footballing career has been based on playing proper footy on the deck the way it should be played and soon as results start wobbling mee mee mee get him out. I think Shezza should be asking for the crowd to be sacked after Satdi's pathetic excuse for an atmosphere. Whilst I believe in everyone being entitled to an opinion, sometimes it just defies belief and all logic. We have a bloody good squad of players that arent playing well enuff together but ffs give em time. We AINT going down and just may make the play-offs but I am sure we wont be getting sore necks watching whatever happens unlike under BT and RM.

Have not read any of the above posts - what a complete load of tossers our fans can be - all happy when things are going well, all moaning when not so good - all baying for the sacking of RM then we get someone in whose all footballing career has been based on playing proper footy on the deck the way it should be played and soon as results start wobbling mee mee mee get him out. I think Shezza should be asking for the crowd to be sacked after Satdi's pathetic excuse for an atmosphere. Whilst I believe in everyone being entitled to an opinion, sometimes it just defies belief and all logic. We have a bloody good squad of players that arent playing well enuff together but ffs give em time. We AINT going down and just may make the play-offs but I am sure we wont be getting sore necks watching whatever happens unlike under BT and RM.

I am very confused by this post. How can you call the Fans tossers when you in your own admission havn't read the posts. Thats like putting a car together without reading the manual. If you had taken the time to read through the post. You might have seen that a large majority are supporting Sheridan. I am not one of those but I have consistantly said that so my position has not changed. This forum is for discussion and calling us names without knowledge shows your ignorance. Read the post....

Shez still has a lot of friends at boundary park.

Yes, among the fans. The point behind this thread is that KYLEOAFC alleged that Shez has lost the dressing room, a player has struck another player, the manager and managing director were fighting, one player doesn't like another, one player not being able to play with another because they don't get on, etc.

It would be good to hear from TTA and Gregan or Liddell that everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet and, starting from tonight, the players who are selected show on the pitch that they are giving everything for the cause. :aplayer1:

I know the few fans who are there will be doing just that! :chubb::comeon::zigga::latics::OWTB1::bluearmy:

If Shez and Corney are arguing then good, they should be. Not one of them wants us to be in position we are in and if they are both annoyed about it then it shows they care and know that we need to improve. If they players are arguing about performances then thats good as well as they know that they need to improve, if they are arguing just because they don't get on then that could cause problems. Your never going to get a squad of players who all get on but as long as they are willing to work for each other on the pitch then that doesn't matter.

It's now that we will find out if Shez is a good manager, last season he had it easy - he said this himself - there was little expectation and we had a great run and a striker who was always likely to nick a goal which got us a lot of points. Now these aren't going that well and he needs to turn it around, i personally think he can.

If Shez and Corney are arguing then good, they should be. Not one of them wants us to be in position we are in and if they are both annoyed about it then it shows they care and know that we need to improve. If they players are arguing about performances then thats good as well as they know that they need to improve, if they are arguing just because they don't get on then that could cause problems. Your never going to get a squad of players who all get on but as long as they are willing to work for each other on the pitch then that doesn't matter.

It's now that we will find out if Shez is a good manager, last season he had it easy - he said this himself - there was little expectation and we had a great run and a striker who was always likely to nick a goal which got us a lot of points. Now these aren't going that well and he needs to turn it around, i personally think he can.

Well said! :chubb:

Lose the next 3 and then the manager has to go, legend or no legend.

Good to see he'll get a reprieve than as you've forecast that we only lose two of them.

They could be the best three performances of the season, with the worst of luck leading to three defeats. We could then go onwards and upwards even without the upheaval of a new manager.

Good to see he'll get a reprieve than as you've forecast that we only lose two of them.

They could be the best three performances of the season, with the worst of luck leading to three defeats. We could then go onwards and upwards even without the upheaval of a new manager.

Or the disappointment of losing the 3 close games could cause a few players to give up which hit's the moral of the team.

Lose the next 3 and then the manager has to go, legend or no legend.

You really are a slightly downbeat chap. Im all up for constructive debate etc and respecting views of others BUT your CONSTANT negativity is disgusting!!

Moaners like you must love seasons like this!! Since when did instant success become a requirement at Boundary Park ???

I really would love to know who you think we should bring in to fix it all.......

Edited by leeslover