Scotland v Italy

So who do people actually want to win and go through to the European Championships?

Guessing it's a bit of a close call really. Most seem to want Italy out as there a big threat in the competition, though the high possibility that England might not find themselves there and the Scots in their place is hard to stomach for some.

For me. Even though I get endless amounts of abuse from all my family north of the border - i'll be cheering on them in a Glasgow pub on Saturday hoping no-one picks up on my English accent (wondering how my cousin managed to get a ticket and asking him constantly why he doesnt sell it for the stupid money he could - seeing as he could probably shift it for the Cash value of 2 Celtic Season tickets), which would result in endless ribbing come 7pm if Russia have beat Israel - especially if Scotland have dumped out the Italians by that point.

I'll probably be the only one in the boozer who'll be hoping Russia get beat :unsure::unsure:

So who do people actually want to win and go through to the European Championships?

What this Scotland squad has achieved so far is remarkable BUT, as I've said before, I've never forgiven the Scots for wrecking the old Wembley. Forza Italia! :Italy:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

What this Scotland squad has achieved so far is remarkable BUT, as I've said before, I've never forgiven the Scots for wrecking the old Wembley. Forza Italia!

My dad actually dug up and stole the centre spot that day.... one of his best mates son's is the guy who broke the goalposts...

:Scotland:

Go on lads, lets stuff the dirty italians...!

My dad actually dug up and stole the centre spot that day.... one of his best mates son's is the guy who broke the goalposts...

One of the penalty spots is in a museum at Hampden.

I ask you and your fellow Scotland lovers to cast your minds back to Euro '96. Picture the scene - Scotland awarded a penalty and Gary McAllister puts the ball on the spot. He starts his run-up and both he and David Seaman notice the ball start to roll. A distracted McAllister his the ball, Seaman saves and England go down to the other end of the pitch, where Gazza scores that never-to-be-forgotten goal.

I like to think that the Wembley groundsman, tweaking the under-pitch sprinkler, got sweet revenge that day. :tongue1::England:

One of the penalty spots is in a museum at Hampden.

I ask you and your fellow Scotland lovers to cast your minds back to Euro '96. Picture the scene - Scotland awarded a penalty and Gary McAllister puts the ball on the spot. He starts his run-up and both he and David Seaman notice the ball start to roll. A distracted McAllister his the ball, Seaman saves and England go down to the other end of the pitch, where Gazza scores that never-to-be-forgotten goal.

I like to think that the Wembley groundsman, tweaking the under-pitch sprinkler, got sweet revenge that day. :tongue1::England:

Just think diego - if both fail to qualify you may get to see such a match again... as you have all probably heard, due to the Home football associations now starting to panic due to lost revenues, they have suddeny agreed to start talking about bringing back the home internationals next summer...

For me this would be an incredible cop out, as all the terrible cracks in our game would be covered over with the euphoria of 4 mediocre teams kicking the crap out of each other.... in a tournament I fully expect the english greedy league wimps to cop out of (long season, random injuries blah, blah)... and Scotland to win comfortably...

Now lets put this into context... I am a massive england fan, I used to travel all round europe watching the boys (up to and including Portugal 2004 - when it just got too painful and I havent been since...) ... but I also have a big soft spot for the scots due to my dads side of the family... and theres a little something in me that would like to see the gutsy, passionate, never say die scots qualify, and the listless, pitiful, billy big balls England have to sit at home and lick their wounds...

... However, its a very little something - come on Israel!!!

I thought Uri Geller in a helicopter had taken the plaudits for that one?