What's your best album from 2007?

ste1987

A couple of nominations from me:-

The Twang - Love it When I Feel Like This

and

Reverend & The Makers - The State of Things

Seen both of them and The Twang were very good even if that Brummie drawl can sometimes hurt my head after a while.

Seen Reverend in July and I'm a big fan of the music without a doubt. All his Bono style preaching between songs though - gimme a break man, doesn't increase his appeal at all. His poems with John Cooper Clarke are class as well. The way he resisted the offers from record labels to make an album like Arctic Monkeys despite not having a job must have been tough. The easy option would've been to say yeah I'll do it. Take the deal and do something he wasn't really keen on. Instead a few more months on the dole, then getting the deal you want whilst cleverly in the meantime co-writing a song for Arctic Monkeys shows he's smart too.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Good album, but their old stuff is better :wink:

My favourite is probably Foo Fighters - Echoes Silence Patience and Grace, but also enjoy Libertad by Velvet Revolver and An End Has A Start by Editors.

Same but I did think The Blackening was a quality album.

Opening line to 'A Beautiful Mourning' was absolute quality

Weren't too keen on Libertad but I was a huge fan of Contraband when that came out. Foo Fighters was a good album, shame I didn't see them live this time round but I saw them at the MEN when In Your Honour was released and I swear to god, Dave Grohl looked at me, but it might just have been wishful thinking ^_^

Either:

A weekend in the city- Bloc Party

Baby 81- BRMC

or

Roots and Echoes- The Coral.

I'll second this - a truly stunning album... however it would have been even better if they would ahve included "Flux" on the original version, and not so what they did with "2 more years" and re-release the album with an additional song that is the best of the lot... :angry:

I wont get much support on here i'm sure... but the album of the year for me is Justice's debut album - an amazing collection of music, I can only name 5 or 6 electronic albums in the last 15 years that are truly original and genuinely advance the genre - this is one of them - brilliant.

I wont get much support on here i'm sure... but the album of the year for me is Justice's debut album - an amazing collection of music, I can only name 5 or 6 electronic albums in the last 15 years that are truly original and genuinely advance the genre - this is one of them - brilliant.

Tempted by this. I saw Simian Mobile Disco supporting 2 Many DJ's a while ago when they dropped We Are Your Friends (well Justice's remix of Simian's Never Be Alone)........might get Cross now.

His music is half decent at best, Libertines were and are a million miles better than Babyshambles mainly due to Carl.

He's a waster who has nothing to offer. He could crawl into a hole and die for all I care... only problem with that is he joins the neverending list over overrated-musical-martyrs!

i knew smoeone would say something because of Pete :)

his music is awesome.

The Libertines, immense

The Babyshambles, Quality

his music is quality i love it. even if he is a bit of a waster.

Neither of those bands were awesome or immense.

Album of the year? Cloughie's mix cd of course

His music is half decent at best, Libertines were and are a million miles better than Babyshambles mainly due to Carl.

Nah, the Libertines were class because the two of them together had something special. Babyshambles are OK and Dirty Pretty Things are Ok, but with both of them you can tell the one thing that is missing is Carl or Pete.

Nah, the Libertines were class because the two of them together had something special. Babyshambles are OK and Dirty Pretty Things are Ok, but with both of them you can tell the one thing that is missing is Carl or Pete.

I think bland is the best way to describe Babyshambles.....

Foo Fighters was a good album, shame I didn't see them live this time round but I saw them at the MEN when In Your Honour was released and I swear to god, Dave Grohl looked at me, but it might just have been wishful thinking ^_^

My mate managed to blag tickets to see the Foo Fighters at Camden underworld last year. Only 300 people saw them. Luckily I was on my way down to London to see her that same day, so I got the other ticket :grin: .

Also saw them the next day at Hyde Park and met Bill Bailey, the bird from the Zutons and Nick Olivetti. All it cost me was a fiver donation for both nights