Celtic v Rangers

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't quite happen like that did it? Fair play to the Glitter band for beating the might of Gretna at home, whereas the Gers kept their advantage with a great win at Hibs.

Even if the Glitter band beat Rangers, the Gers will still have 2 games in hand and the advantage.

"We welcome the chase."

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b3jdjWFUViQ

Didn't quite happen like that did it? Fair play to the Glitter band for beating the might of Gretna at home, whereas the Gers kept their advantage with a great win at Hibs.

Even if the Glitter band beat Rangers, the Gers will still have 2 games in hand and the advantage.

"We welcome the chase."

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b3jdjWFUViQ

With my Moderator hat entirely off (as in fact it always is unless said otherwise), can I ask you to explain a way in which you find referring to Glasgow Celtic as, "The Glitter Band," in any sort of good taste or of comedy value? It's firmly in the public domain now that there was a paedophile working with the youth team in the 50s and 60s who exploited young boys there. Sadly this happens in all manner of institutions. I understand that a bunch of rather hardcore Rangers fans decided against going to Parkhead wearing tee-shirts making a joke about it several years back when they realised how really unfunny it is. Just a thought.

Your dates are wrong regarding the abuse that took place at Celtic Boys Club. Abuse was proven in a court of law to have taken place in the 70s although, possible due to the cover up that occurred, some collaborated statements explained state that this practice continued up until the 90s.

Using the term Glitter Band has nothing to do with this abuse. As far as I’m aware its more to do with a general term of abuse, its no different than calling Burnley fans inbreds i.e. “The Burnley family”. If Burnley fans were referred to inbreds, you wouldn’t have thought to mention it.

Using the term Glitter Band has nothing to do with this abuse.

I don't believe you.

Your dates are wrong regarding the abuse that took place at Celtic Boys Club. Abuse was proven in a court of law to have taken place in the 70s although, possible due to the cover up that occurred, some collaborated statements explained state that this practice continued up until the 90s.

The crimes that the head nonce went down for were committed in the 60s and 70s - hence some Rangers fans planning to distribute several thousand tee-shirts saying, "Jock knew." They decided against it, but I suppose that's the same sort of insinuation that referring to, "the practice," and, "cover up," as if it is somehow inherent to the club, is based on.

Just been postponed:

Old Firm match postponed by SPL

Hmmm.... McGeady and Nakmawhatever will be available to play in the rescheduled game. It has the politicised hallmark of John Reid written all over it. Sounds to me like Celtc asked for the cancellation knowing it would be granted, but did so out of self interest dressed up as grief. Maybe if this request had been made on saturday evening or on sunday morning at the latest then yes, but not 2 days before a massive tie, which could have given Rangers an almost dominant position.

He hadnt played for them for more than 9 years. He didnt play alot of games for them. He wasnt a legend to them. This whiffs of celtic using this poor mans death as an excuse to postpone this fixture for their own gain. Nothing else.

Picture: See spelling of Celtc

63lolrl.jpg

Edited by slurms mckenzie

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I watched the Bill was when the poops got humped in Seville. The whole of Glasgow had one big Bill party, with absolutely no one watching the UEFA Cup final. It was fantastic when the final score came in... Happy days.... :D

Edited by Inspiral_Carpet
Inappropriate image removed. Please stick to football and not Sectarianism.

well i'll be up for the celtic v barca game in feb...and if we get half the welcome we had v.rangers last year,it'll be brilliant again.

expect lots of king henrik flags,scarves etc etc being shared and distributed about..

it'll be my first ever visit to parkhead,so any recomended bars around the ground before the game would be appreciated...we have 2 in mind already,but we fancy a pub crawl!

well i'll be up for the celtic v barca game in feb...and if we get half the welcome we had v.rangers last year,it'll be brilliant again.

expect lots of king henrik flags,scarves etc etc being shared and distributed about..

it'll be my first ever visit to parkhead,so any recomended bars around the ground before the game would be appreciated...we have 2 in mind already,but we fancy a pub crawl!

well..any suggestions...or are the celtic fans here like manure fans in exeter??

"support" em but have never been!!!???

(that should wake em up!! :grin: )

11 days to go!