Celtic v Rangers

Most Celtic I know North of the Border never wanted Strachan in the first place. Most have been itching for the chance to see the back of him from day one.

Exactly he is hardly O'Neill but I think Strachan will go this summer to be replaced by Tony Mowbray

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strachan signed his own death warrant when he said something to the effect of "I'm not Irish, and I never will be" when he first came to the club. He is therefore not known as "celtic minded" enough and Celtic fans want him out any chance they get. O'Wibble kept his job when Rangers won the treble and is remembered as a great manager at Celtc because he was "Celtic minded", despite the fact he lost two to one on full seasons head to head with McLeish. I honestly believe that Celtc fan's attitudes towards Strachan have nothing to do towards football as he has been equally, if not more so, successful than O'Wibble. Must admit though, it was funny, the footage knocking round of Strachan whistling along to Follow Follow during the latest old firm game.

Strachan signed his own death warrant when he said something to the effect of "I'm not Irish, and I never will be" when he first came to the club. He is therefore not known as "celtic minded" enough and Celtic fans want him out any chance they get. O'Wibble kept his job when Rangers won the treble and is remembered as a great manager at Celtc because he was "Celtic minded", despite the fact he lost two to one on full seasons head to head with McLeish. I honestly believe that Celtc fan's attitudes towards Strachan have nothing to do towards football as he has been equally, if not more so, successful than O'Wibble. Must admit though, it was funny, the footage knocking round of Strachan whistling along to Follow Follow during the latest old firm game.

OK, so basically you’ve discovered that it’s those nasty bigoted Celts who dislike Strachan because he isn’t a raving Fenian who does his gardening in his IRA issued balaclava.

Well, Sherlock, if managers were being judged on that basis, you might find that choosing to play for the Northern Ireland team would not be considered the ultimate in Republican credentials – yet Mr O’Neill (and Neil Lennon) seem to be held in reasonable esteem.

And Kenny Dalgleish was held in high esteem, despite being an utterly atrocious manager, because of his legendary status as a player. Kenny comes from a dyed in the wool family of Huns and grew up under the long evil shadow of the Rangers training ground.

And Jock Stein is the all time greatest figure in the Club’s history, and was a quite traditionalist Scottish Protestant.

Really, your attempts to get a rise out of those of us who are Celtic supporters would work out better if you didn’t just succeed in making yourself look slightly thick. Doesn’t always work out judging people by your own standards you see.

Oh, and,

:Ireland::Ireland::Ireland:

Celtic fans are far more bigoted now than they have ever been, so comparisons to the 60s are irrelevant.

You are either extremely naive or stupid and add nothing to whatever argument is your trying to put across. If Strachan would have won the UEFA cup or something, this wouldn't be an issue, but as soon as the first things start going wrong, bigotry comes out.

Lennon - held in reasonable esteem for singing IRA songs, and spitting on a Rangers scarf. Vermin of the highest order. Perfect for a job at Celtc

Jock Stein - He won the European Cup FFS - of course he's going to be worshipped - as stated above though, Celtc are more bigoted now than they have been, evidenced by the treatment Strachan has received

O'Wibble - As you well know, he was a Catholic from Ulster, great credentials for a Celtc Manager and him being a bigot helped.

Kenny Dalgliesh - a great player - but even so, he didn't last long with Celtc didn't he?

Truth is, you backed up my point that if Strachan was a bigot minded, he would be loved like O'Wibble was, despite one poor season. O'Wibble kept his job when Rangers won the treble - do you think Strachan would, if Rangers win it this year? No chance - truth is, Celtc's bigotry is so institutionalised, that they don't even know it themselves.

Come on Ulster

:Northern_Ireland::Northern_Ireland::Northern_Ireland:

Lennon - held in reasonable esteem for singing IRA songs, and spitting on a Rangers scarf. Vermin of the highest order. Perfect for a job at Celtc

When did this happen? I think you are lieing. I actually do know of two players, both who left the club in recent years, who were on camera singing a pro-IRA version of a song, but Lennon wasn't one of them. Lennon is the bloke who chose to play for the Northern Irish team rather than the Republic, and for his efforts was rewarded with the most vile and disgusting abuse and cowardly threats against his family from people who were meant to be supprting him. If he spat on a Rangers scarf, good on him. I wouldn't wipe my arse on one.

Jock Stein - He won the European Cup FFS - of course he's going to be worshipped - as stated above though, Celtc are more bigoted now than they have been, evidenced by the treatment Strachan has received

Missing the point thzt he had to get the job in the first place of course.

O'Wibble - As you well know, he was a Catholic from Ulster, great credentials for a Celtc Manager and him being a bigot helped.

Really? I haven't ever heard him say anything remotely bigoted. In fact, I would say that he is pretty widely respected as a decent man. As you quite rightly point out, he is a Catholic from Ulster. As I pointed out, there is nothing to suggest that managers or players at Celtic are treated any differently on the basis of their creed or colour.

Kenny Dalgliesh - a great player - but even so, he didn't last long with Celtc didn't he?

Anybody who thought that appointing John Barnes would be a good idea was going to struggle in any job. You remember John Barnes, the Evangelical Protestant black man? Who has said that he never experienced any bigotry from the supporters in his ghastly time there.

'slurms mckenzie' post='119438' date='Apr 5 2008, 12:43 PM']Come on Ulster

You support Ulster as well? We agree on something then. Naturally I like to see them do well in all sports, what with my mum coming from one of Ulster's nine counties.

Keep trying, Slurmsy.

When did this happen? I think you are lieing. I actually do know of two players, both who left the club in recent years, who were on camera singing a pro-IRA version of a song, but Lennon wasn't one of them. Lennon is the bloke who chose to play for the Northern Irish team rather than the Republic, and for his efforts was rewarded with the most vile and disgusting abuse and cowardly threats against his family from people who were meant to be supprting him. If he spat on a Rangers scarf, good on him. I wouldn't wipe my arse on one.

Missing the point thzt he had to get the job in the first place of course.

Really? I haven't ever heard him say anything remotely bigoted. In fact, I would say that he is pretty widely respected as a decent man. As you quite rightly point out, he is a Catholic from Ulster. As I pointed out, there is nothing to suggest that managers or players at Celtic are treated any differently on the basis of their creed or colour.

Anybody who thought that appointing John Barnes would be a good idea was going to struggle in any job. You remember John Barnes, the Evangelical Protestant black man? Who has said that he never experienced any bigotry from the supporters in his ghastly time there.

You support Ulster as well? We agree on something then. Naturally I like to see them do well in all sports, what with my mum coming from one of Ulster's nine counties.

Keep trying, Slurmsy.

:censored: me, what a load of :censored:. It must hurt to be a Ce*tc fan.

What a frikkin superb result last night for the mighty Gers - geddin. That second goal albeit against tired defenders was class - 'Are you Celtic in disguise' was hilarious - let's hope they make it to Manchester, will be quality seeing em all down here!

Last minute winner and a punch-up at the end. What more could you want? :grin:

Fantastic win, especially considering they were once again hampered by having Samaras up front for the last 15 minutes.

Is tonight the night where the blue bubble bursts? Shame I won't get to see it :disappointed:

Hahaha.....well......was it a pop a heard then?.....Long way to go but.....

Listened it on 5live (whilst downing a ###### in a pool comp).....absolutely######ingfantastic!

Not blown it wide open yet, but slightly ajar! And the red cards make it all very interesting too. I know which squad will suffer more from that tonight :grin:

If you watch Naka's goal in slow motion, you can actually see the Archangel Gabriel flap his wing to put that swerve in the ball. What a great win. The Huns were shown for what they are, a set of clumsy bully boys, short on talent but big on cynical fouls. McCullough seems to be the latest graduate of the Barry Ferguson school of leaving the foot in. Probably too late for the title, but very satisfying indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

slurms is incredibly quiet

oh look. robson just scores to make it 3-2 celtic from the spot.

happy days!!!

rangers 5 points behind if they lose this, be it with games in hand but with europe and a cup final crunched in to their league games. The wheels may well come off.

Edited by Rocky_Latic