Celtic v Rangers

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Funny how a song about something that happened in the dim and distant past gets more press attention than Celtc singing songs about British soldiers dying in Iraq and Afghanistan or the singing of a song inciting the murder of a Spanish sportsman (Nacho Novo) by a terrorist organisation. These are the same ones who sing 40, 50, 60 and more about the Ibrox disaster and they have no right to be offended.

You'd think that the Irish Government would have more important things to worry about, like a worldwide reccession. Pathetic points scoring at its best.

4-2.

Funny how a song about something that happened in the dim and distant past gets more press attention than Celtc singing songs about British soldiers dying in Iraq and Afghanistan or the singing of a song inciting the murder of a Spanish sportsman (Nacho Novo) by a terrorist organisation. These are the same ones who sing 40, 50, 60 and more about the Ibrox disaster and they have no right to be offended.

You'd think that the Irish Government would have more important things to worry about, like a worldwide reccession. Pathetic points scoring at its best.

4-2.

Them Jews should stop harping on about the Holocaust and join in with, "Spurs Are On the Way To Belsen," as well.

The Famine Song. Just a bit of light-hearted banter.

So it`s ok to sing about Nach Novo dying in his sleep with a bullet from the IRA is it ? printing his address on a forum after the old firm game and encouraging violence against his family ? The song in question refers to the plastic Irish that have never been to the Emerald Isle but claim great delight in professing a deep love for said Country, the song basically says if you love it so much, why don`t you go home ?

As ever, the ever offended great unwashed have tried to find something more sinister (SCOTLANDS REAL SHAME) Oh hang on there not even Scottish are they :shock:

So it`s ok to sing about Nach Novo dying in his sleep with a bullet from the IRA is it ? printing his address on a forum after the old firm game and encouraging violence against his family ? The song in question refers to the plastic Irish that have never been to the Emerald Isle but claim great delight in professing a deep love for said Country, the song basically says if you love it so much, why don`t you go home ?

As ever, the ever offended great unwashed have tried to find something more sinister (SCOTLANDS REAL SHAME) Oh hang on there not even Scottish are they :shock:

Who said that the Nacho Novo song was OK? As you will be well aware, his name have been used for the purpose of sectarian insult on both sides. I do find it odd though that you equate the actions of one or a few people on a football messageboard with what appears to be a large proportion of a crowd singing a certain song.

As regards the song itself - well, there are many reasons besides the Famine why many millions of Irish people, and particularly those from Ulster, decided to leave. Not the least would be that their homeland was swamped by religious and racial supremacists from the West of Scotland. I would condemn anyone who wanted to dig up the past and seek to expel their descendants from Ireland now, it would show a little self-awareness for modern day folk in the West of Scotland to show similar tolerance. Mocking an historical event that killed around one in 6 of a nation and led to at least as many to emigrate is not really a top comedy subject.

I see you boys have quite a debate going here. I align myself with the sentiments of Partick Thistle fans

“We’re nothing but a football team, so f*** your Pope and f*** your Queen!”

It's a shame some oil rich Arab dynasty dont buy PT and hammer them both, give them both something else to think of.

• 5 months later...

Aye, watched it, wasn't pretty. Is funny though how this "micky mouse cup" (copywright every single celtc fan last season) has suddenly on par with the Champions League.

I do fancy Rangers to retain the bigger of the two cups helped by Celtc's defeat at the hands of Will Haining and Co, and its very tight in the league. 3 points in it, but a game at the 'Brox to go, the Gers will narrowly win the double, although I hope without the helicopter.

Aye, watched it, wasn't pretty. Is funny though how this "micky mouse cup" (copywright every single celtc fan last season) has suddenly on par with the Champions League.

I do fancy Rangers to retain the bigger of the two cups helped by Celtc's defeat at the hands of Will Haining and Co, and its very tight in the league. 3 points in it, but a game at the 'Brox to go, the Gers will narrowly win the double, although I hope without the helicopter.

:grin::grin::grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q87_QqHni8s

where's yer helicopter now..... :lol:

As for the title. You're that confident even though you had it in your own hands until you decided you couldnt even beat Cally Thistle at home. :lol: