I'm a bit puzzled...

I entirely agree with the majority of the sentiments on this post Eardley is still under 21 (and will be for another season). On Saturday he was the one player we missed because when that Brighton bloke got sent off they played a very narrow three in midfield leaving the full backs spare regularly and Rubes is very good defensively but he is not as good as Eardley going forward. We will only have enough cover at full-back and centre-half if/when we sign another defender as it wouldn't surprise me to see Gregan not being fully fit for the rest of his career and Thommo is a bit dodgy for this division. It seems to me that if 'only playing for Wales' is a problem (he can't help where he was born) but how many other teams at our level have internationals in their team (and he will probably be in the full Welsh squad for his entire career and could end up with 100 caps- David Beckham didn't play for England until he was 21). It will always be the case that there will be fan favourites but booing /giving stick to the others is pointless. I can think of at least one example from saturday where Wolfy had a bad bit of play but NO one got on his back but if Davies had done the same he would have got a lot of stick, no wonder his confidence is shot and he can't score. In fact Eardley had Steven Pienaar in his pocket against Everton and he has been raved about on Match of the Day, but then again Pienaar ONLY plays for South Africa