Shez on Windass

Latics look to Windass

Fred Austin

2/11/2008

OLDHAM boss John Sheridan has made moves to take veteran striker Dean Windass on loan.

But he faces stiff competition to sign the 39-year-old Hull City hit-man who has had talks with manager Phil Brown about his future.

Sheridan is looking for more firepower after failing to score in three of their last four games.

Sheridan revealed: "I have asked about Dean and so have loads of other club, we will have to wait and see what happens.

"I have let players go on loan and it gives me the opportunity to bring one or two in.

"I have inquired about strikers playing at a higher level and I will be following that up this week. I have also asked about other strikes who are playing at a higher level."

Under-achieving

Sheridan, who also wants to bring in a defender, added: "I want to freshen things up as well as make us stronger."

Latics look to Windass

Fred Austin

2/11/2008

OLDHAM boss John Sheridan has made moves to take veteran striker Dean Windass on loan.

But he faces stiff competition to sign the 39-year-old Hull City hit-man who has had talks with manager Phil Brown about his future.

Sheridan is looking for more firepower after failing to score in three of their last four games.

Sheridan revealed: "I have asked about Dean and so have loads of other club, we will have to wait and see what happens.

"I have let players go on loan and it gives me the opportunity to bring one or two in.

"I have inquired about strikers playing at a higher level and I will be following that up this week. I have also asked about other strikes who are playing at a higher level."

Under-achieving

Sheridan, who also wants to bring in a defender, added: "I want to freshen things up as well as make us stronger."

Please No!!!!!