Have cooled off, have watched highlights...

and I feel a little better.

My recollections from the game before watching the highlights were that we looked good and bright in the first 15 minutes but then lost a bit of urgency after that but were still a much better side that Yeovil at the break.

After the break we continued as we had finished the 1st half, not quite on the top of our game but still a better side than Yeovil who bar one decent effort outside the box in the 1st half offerred nothing.

Then a simple long punted freekick up to an unmarkerd 6ft+ centre half and we concede a goal out of the blue. Crossley looked as though he could have done better at the time.

I expected us to be roused from out sleep and dominate Yeovil, but instead from nothing they got another from poor defending and a decent finish.

We still never really got back to the form of the first 15 minutes and we lost our home record with a wimper.

Watching the highlights makes me realise that we did create a fair number of chances - good ones and half-chances. Plenty enough to think we should have taken one in the first half and then (probably) put a poor Yeovil side who would be trying to get back into the game to the sword. But we didn't take our chances and they did. I have seen too many similar home defeats against poor sides that follow a similar pattern.

It shouldn't be the end of the world / season. And a similar performance against Northampton could well realise 3 points and we'll all be back up again.

But I think the last month has shown that we are not quite as good as we thought and hoped we were - not in terms of ability but in terms of consistency. What I thought would be a fairly safe play-off spot with a chance at automatic, now looks like a battle for the play-offs.

We can hope that this is our blip and we will come out of it - and it might be. But the possibility is also that this irratic form is what we (and lots of other teams in this and other divisions) will suffer with all year.

Its frustrating to eventaully have a good start for the first time in years and then kind of throwit away. Even more so when other results are not going that much against us and we are not cut adrift - where could we have been if we'd not cocked up so much recently. Grrrrr....arrrrggghhh - its so annoying at times.

and I feel a little better.

My recollections from the game before watching the highlights were that we looked good and bright in the first 15 minutes but then lost a bit of urgency after that but were still a much better side that Yeovil at the break.

After the break we continued as we had finished the 1st half, not quite on the top of our game but still a better side than Yeovil who bar one decent effort outside the box in the 1st half offerred nothing.

Then a simple long punted freekick up to an unmarkerd 6ft+ centre half and we concede a goal out of the blue. Crossley looked as though he could have done better at the time.

I expected us to be roused from out sleep and dominate Yeovil, but instead from nothing they got another from poor defending and a decent finish.

We still never really got back to the form of the first 15 minutes and we lost our home record with a wimper.

Watching the highlights makes me realise that we did create a fair number of chances - good ones and half-chances. Plenty enough to think we should have taken one in the first half and then (probably) put a poor Yeovil side who would be trying to get back into the game to the sword. But we didn't take our chances and they did. I have seen too many similar home defeats against poor sides that follow a similar pattern.

It shouldn't be the end of the world / season. And a similar performance against Northampton could well realise 3 points and we'll all be back up again.

But I think the last month has shown that we are not quite as good as we thought and hoped we were - not in terms of ability but in terms of consistency. What I thought would be a fairly safe play-off spot with a chance at automatic, now looks like a battle for the play-offs.

We can hope that this is our blip and we will come out of it - and it might be. But the possibility is also that this irratic form is what we (and lots of other teams in this and other divisions) will suffer with all year.

Its frustrating to eventaully have a good start for the first time in years and then kind of throwit away. Even more so when other results are not going that much against us and we are not cut adrift - where could we have been if we'd not cocked up so much recently. Grrrrr....arrrrggghhh - its so annoying at times.

Absolutely spot on sir.