Wasn't Shez an immense midfielder?

A few years ago, both knees gone, looking like John Wayne, but still bossing each game he played.

Then why doesn't he change things when it's obvious to everyone else at BP that central midfield is being over-run.

Maher 5th midfielder?; Liddel (or Smalley) can play behind front two; COG on left & Taylor inside; Gregan CB / Hazell RB / Eardley midfield; even Gregan in midfield! For f***s sake there are options.

"Some players perform better at home/away". If they can't do it week in week out then they're not good enough. Either show some balls and make changes early enough to make a difference or get your boots back on Shez!

A few years ago, both knees gone, looking like John Wayne, but still bossing each game he played.

Then why doesn't he change things when it's obvious to everyone else at BP that central midfield is being over-run.

Maher 5th midfielder?; Liddel (or Smalley) can play behind front two; COG on left & Taylor inside; Gregan CB / Hazell RB / Eardley midfield; even Gregan in midfield! For f***s sake there are options.

"Some players perform better at home/away". If they can't do it week in week out then they're not good enough. Either show some balls and make changes early enough to make a difference or get your boots back on Shez!

seconded...lee would be my choice at the moment as a starter,but if not then on the bench i just dont understand whats going on he could cover a few positions deffo a sub even if not starting rediculous

seconded...lee would be my choice at the moment as a starter,but if not then on the bench i just dont understand whats going on he could cover a few positions deffo a sub even if not starting rediculous

dont be silly....that would mean shez having to admit his first choice pairing isnt working...and we all know how stubborn he is...

whittacker needs dropping,allott is suffering from second season syndrome like taylor did last season,maher hasnt been given a proper run and lee.....well,more elusive than an albino dodo!!!

we havent got anybody than can put there foot on the ball....slow things down,pick a pass or break up play,retain possesion or get at oppos midfield.....

you would think with shez being just that as a player,he would call on all his expertise to and make this his rock that he builds a team round....

he needs to stop bleating on the official site,dust himself down and do something about it,otherwise if as usual he just moans then doesnt change it the players involved who apparently dont or wont listen to him will just carry on taking the piss....and earning a decent crust at the same time...

he is almost halfway through his make or break season....its time to show us all his credentials and put up or shut up,get the best from his players and keep us in the top six but pushing for the 2nd auto spot.....

that central midfield is being over-run.

Couldn't agree more Tony. Maher should have been brought on early second half for me. Every home game recently has been the same. Our two central midfielders against their three. It ain't rocket science.

I just don't get what Maher's done to deserve to be dropped. I like Whits, but he's living off the reputation he earned up until Leicester at home. Since then he's been distinctly average and bearing in mind how well Kev played in his enforced absence, I'd be ticked off if Whits starts at Crewe on Friday now.

I just don't get what Maher's done to deserve to be dropped. I like Whits, but he's living off the reputation he earned up until Leicester at home. Since then he's been distinctly average and bearing in mind how well Kev played in his enforced absence, I'd be ticked off if Whits starts at Crewe on Friday now.

6 or 8 weeks ago a poll on here had Whittaker as being better than Wellens :lol: