Today

Just got back to my laptop after being at the match. A fantastic finish today of course, but once the euphoria began to wear off, I had to admit we were a bit lucky to get three points. We were well on top in the first half but there was only one team in it for most of the second half. Once it got to 2-2, I really expected us to lose, Millwall were so much in control. But we started to make a chance or two in the last 10 minutes and the winning goal was a cracker. In fact all three goals came from excellent crosses with Taylor’s a really brave close-in header and Hughes’s quite beautifully taken.

Taylor was our outstanding player for me; so dangerous every time he had the ball. Hazell had a fine match and Maher was impressive – some faults but it is hard to see on this showing why he gets dropped. Kabba looked a potential asset – pace, good control and an eye to play others in.

But overall, we still do not look impressive enough. Even when we were on top, too many high balls were being hoofed forward as our main line of attack and once Millwall came back we seemed unable to win the ball in midfield or hold on to it when we did. I think they would be very disappointed to have got nothing out of it. Our big test will come on Monday night – win that and I will believe we can do something.

Just got back to my laptop after being at the match. A fantastic finish today of course, but once the euphoria began to wear off, I had to admit we were a bit lucky to get three points. We were well on top in the first half but there was only one team in it for most of the second half. Once it got to 2-2, I really expected us to lose, Millwall were so much in control. But we started to make a chance or two in the last 10 minutes and the winning goal was a cracker. In fact all three goals came from excellent crosses with Taylor’s a really brave close-in header and Hughes’s quite beautifully taken.

Taylor was our outstanding player for me; so dangerous every time he had the ball. Hazell had a fine match and Maher was impressive – some faults but it is hard to see on this showing why he gets dropped. Kabba looked a potential asset – pace, good control and an eye to play others in.

But overall, we still do not look impressive enough. Even when we were on top, too many high balls were being hoofed forward as our main line of attack and once Millwall came back we seemed unable to win the ball in midfield or hold on to it when we did. I think they would be very disappointed to have got nothing out of it. Our big test will come on Monday night – win that and I will believe we can do something.

until we play another "nobody team and lose and then it will be shez out!!!"

good evening quark...what was the away support ..and was there any bother

According to 2 Millwall fans in our cargo shed we are lucky c**** and I should watch out for fast moving fork lift trucks tonight. Who cares. We got the result. Another result Monday and we can start thinking it could happen this season.

Keeping the Faith :shock:

good evening quark...what was the away support ..and was there any bother

I think chickers might be able to help with that - Though suprised to here they didnt get battered. Something about one of the lads he was with drunkenly singing "Oh Lancashire, is wonderful." in not the most appropriate of places.

Heck. Least no one said they were from Gillingham or mentioned "southern puffs" this year.

:lol::lol:

Edited by Rocky_Latic