O B overkill?

Hi everyone, I'm a Bristol City fan and was amazed watching your game v Leeds tinight on TV.

No, not amazed at the choice of kit, but the high number of Police on duty. This was a league 1 (Div 3 in real terms) game played on a Monday night with crowd segregation, but clearly visible were whole clusters of Police in ALL parts of the ground, not just at the ends.

By playing on a midweek night and being on TV, that probably reduced the number of both home & visiting fans through the turnstiles. Add to this the cost of floodlighting for the whole game which would not have been necessary on a Satdee afternoon and then add in the Police charges and despite the TV money, the Latics probably made a loss on this game through no fault of their own. :angry:

Anyway, rant over, all the best for the remainder of the season!

Hi everyone, I'm a Bristol City fan and was amazed watching your game v Leeds tinight on TV.

No, not amazed at the choice of kit, but the high number of Police on duty. This was a league 1 (Div 3 in real terms) game played on a Monday night with crowd segregation, but clearly visible were whole clusters of Police in ALL parts of the ground, not just at the ends.

By playing on a midweek night and being on TV, that probably reduced the number of both home & visiting fans through the turnstiles. Add to this the cost of floodlighting for the whole game which would not have been necessary on a Satdee afternoon and then add in the Police charges and despite the TV money, the Latics probably made a loss on this game through no fault of their own. :angry:

My deepest sympathies...... :wink:

You don’t know much about Leeds football club do you. The first thing to say is that we are not allowed to play Leeds at Boundary Park on Saturdays due to Greater Manchester Police not allowing it.

As for Sky, we don’t feature very often so it won’t be the end of the world. I think it is about only the second league game in ten years or so. Considering we’re not on that much, I think you could consider it to be free advertising.

Thanks for the sentiment - but you really do have too much time on your hands!

Definitely the game we need the most police presence at throughout the season, along with 'udders. You wouldnt play Cardiff or the Gas on a midweek night without most of Bristol's finest patrolling Ashton Gate.

Thanks for the sentiment - but you really do have too much time on your hands!

Definitely the game we need the most police presence at throughout the season, along with 'udders. You wouldnt play Cardiff or the Gas on a midweek night without most of Bristol's finest patrolling Ashton Gate.

he obviously doesnt know that every time bristol have been here they have been done over at the top end of limeside/werneth :grin:

again i hear "its only little oldham why all the bother"...