As part of my job, I have to 'edit' (actually on the whole write) a blog for a junior minister. He has the opportunity to vet this and has occasionally made minor alterations, but I do sometimes wonder how closely he checks this and what I could get away with were I feeling mischievous.

I also used to wonder how much of David Eyres article in the Advertiser was written by Eyres and how much was written by Carl Marsden (or AN Other journalist).

I had wondered how much of Windass's blog had been written by him before all this kicked off. A 40 year old journeyman talking about Oldham Athletic and division 3, is unlikely to attract nearly as much attention as that of the 40 year old trying to make it with his hometown club in the Premier League. A bit of sensationalist journalism might just have the effect of stirring it all up a bit and putting Windass's blogs back in the public eye. Might even get it a mention in a national paper and increase the number of hits on the next blog?

Doubt anyone on here would fall for that though.

As part of my job, I have to 'edit' (actually on the whole write) a blog for a junior minister. He has the opportunity to vet this and has occasionally made minor alterations, but I do sometimes wonder how closely he checks this and what I could get away with were I feeling mischievous.

I also used to wonder how much of David Eyres article in the Advertiser was written by Eyres and how much was written by Carl Marsden (or AN Other journalist).

I had wondered how much of Windass's blog had been written by him before all this kicked off. A 40 year old journeyman talking about Oldham Athletic and division 3, is unlikely to attract nearly as much attention as that of the 40 year old trying to make it with his hometown club in the Premier League. A bit of sensationalist journalism might just have the effect of stirring it all up a bit and putting Windass's blogs back in the public eye. Might even get it a mention in a national paper and increase the number of hits on the next blog?

Doubt anyone on here would fall for that though.

Which minister? I hope it's not purnell.