mathematical help required

just checked the league, were six points out of the play offs, with eight games left. i thought my head was broke, because i thought 8x6=24. so i got the calculator out and did 8x6, what did it say? 24. so i thought maybe the table is wrong on tv, maybe were twenty five points adrift? so i looked in the paper and its only six points. so then i decided that loads of people on here are the illegitimate result of a gang bang between that fat russell guy, derek acorah, mystic meg and d'ana troi. so i bow down to your abilities, and wont go again because youre so brilliant.

just checked the league, were six points out of the play offs, with eight games left. i thought my head was broke, because i thought 8x6=24. so i got the calculator out and did 8x6, what did it say? 24. so i thought maybe the table is wrong on tv, maybe were twenty five points adrift? so i looked in the paper and its only six points. so then i decided that loads of people on here are the illegitimate result of a gang bang between that fat russell guy, derek acorah, mystic meg and d'ana troi. so i bow down to your abilities, and wont go again because youre so brilliant.

I think most people are aware that 5 of scunthorpe's remaining 8 games are at home where they have been very strong all season.

We are 7 point off them because of their goal difference which means if they win 5 games between now and the end of the season we need to win all 8 hence why everyone thinks its all over.

Lets hope we are all proved wrong i really really hope we are.

sorry i didnt realise that we were talking about the hypothetical league. ill retract my comments then, and only speak to those who deal in facts and reality.

8 x 3 = 24 ? :blush:

Anyways, scunny have leicester, MK and trannies to play. To get level they'd have to lose 2 whilst we win 2, which could well neutralise the difference if we play like the old JR days.

lol thats pretty funny. how do you take a defensive thread, aimed at sticking up for the boys and keeping the faith, then completely ruin it? ask daznathe he knows!

I agree with jist of your post....we were never going to win all the remaining games just because Joe has arrived...

His influence will be seen on the remaining games..He's been here less than a week!!

KTF

===========================================================================

Most people's judgement is based on the fact that we have only eight league games to play, and we have only won 6 of the last 21 games, and not won two consecutive games since November.

It's going to take a massive change in form, but there is more chance of that happening when the Big Joe factor is taken into account, rather than continuing in the Shez rut. Joe said he would not have taken the job if there had not been the possibility of a trip to Wembley. By this time next week the dream may be over, but at the moment it's still alive.

Dreaming is what following Latics is all about. The roller-coaster is stalled two thirds way up the slope. We wait to see if Joe can crank up the motor to get it moving upwards, or whether we roll backwards down the slope. I don't like roller-coasters, but I've no intention of getting off at this stage and I'll be back onboard next season, regardless of whose hand is on the stop/start button.