Premier League 2 ?

Doubt it will get the FL approval

two tiers of 18 including celtic and rangers.

Add them to the current prem pack that would make 22

So need another 16 from the existing football league, which would leave 56 teams in the football league, possibly the championship with 20teams then league 1 north and league 1 south????

if this gets approval think the next step after that would be to completely scrap promotion and relegation between the premier league tier 2 and championship.

Although personally cant see it, as i dont think fifa would let Celtic and rangers play in the english league

cant see half the preier league agreeing either. 14 out of 20 have to agree. teams like villa everton spurs an even city wont want the two scottish teams making it harder to get into uefa cup or uefa league wotever its guna be next year. al the prem teams will lose money because there will be a bit more money but an extra 16 teams to spread it round. dont think utd chelsea liverpool arsenal will be to happy bout losing income or the smaller teams hu rely on it to get players in to survive. it wud kill the football league as 1 team going into the prem isnt enough and basically means all midtable teams have nothing to play for without the hope of a play off push. the whole idea has come from boltons chairman which is a joke because when they got up and stayed there they came up through the playoffs i think if not they were second either way they wouldnt be in the prem if the proposed system had come in when they were down there. the whle idea is rediculous and just another case of money coming before comon sense

Have to agree with above that this stinks of self interest from the Bolton Chairman. From a latics point of view, this reminds me of the "Phoenix league" idea that was floated around ago which would scupper our chances of getting to the second flight of football.

The only way I would support this, would be if we received a honorary invite, being founder members of the Premier League :D