Brentford away

Markoasis

Well there was lots of pre-match excitement for this one as one of our very own Mike would be displaying his football skills at Half time on the pitch.

The day started off quiet nicely with a couple of beers (and a cheese burger for me) in the beer garden of the Griffin, you wouldn't have known that there was going to be a game just down the road it was so peaceful and sunny.

When we finally entered the ground only to be stopped at the back of the stand and told that it was full????? Not for the first time this year the home team had under estimated the amount of fans that follow the blues!!! Finally common sense (???) prevailed and we were let in only to be met with our next challenge 'to find a seat were we could actually see the pitch from'.

Eventually we found a great viewing spot at the back of the stand that was much like the infamous Olympic viewing gallery at the old Wembley stadium.

P1010400.jpg

Mark, Danny and Me enjoying the best view in the house!!!!!

The first half could have gone either way, although as time went on you could sense the frustration on the pitch growing amoungst the Latics players, as half time approached Mike starting to get a little nervous and started doing things that one hopes were warming up exercises........

P1010392.jpg

First half action ...............

The whistle blew for half-time and the atmosphere in the away end suddenly increased to a deafening level as Mike entered the arena. I believe the idea was to place a football nearer to the centre circle than your opposite number, at the end of a compelling competition Mike narrowly came second.... but talk about milking the crowd :dance:

P1010398.jpg

Mike takes a run up ......

P1010399.jpg

...whack

TBC

The whistle blew for half-time and the atmosphere in the away end suddenly increased to a deafening level as Mike entered the arena. I believe the idea was to place a football nearer to the centre circle than your opposite number, at the end of a compelling competition Mike narrowly came second.... but talk about milking the crowd :dance:

So that's what the roar was at half time. No one in the food concourse knew what was going on. Melia even ran back up, but didnt have a clue what was happening.

Speaking of him. He was looking for you on saturday, to enquire as to whether they'll be anymore blue or tangerine scarves.

Edited by Rocky_Latic