Oldham Athletic Plant Pot Holders

wakefield-oldham

About 4 years ago I got a great job offer in huddersfield so i decided to up root the whole family and move to wakefield which is easier to get to hudds every morning instead of the dreaded m62... then in february this year the inevitable happened and i was made redundant and my trade as a toolmaker is almost obsolete over this side of the hill so it was time to start banging my head to come up with some ideas...

After a recent visit to canada by my mother she came back with the news this particular store had taken making plant pot holders to a new level withdesigns of animals,cars,you name it,they did it... so the question was asked why not try something different like this.

Coming from a toolmaking background producing highly sophisticated plastic injection moulds to making plant pot holders was at first a shock, you know what reaction as you could imagine but after seeing the designs the canadians came up with made me think wow these things could take some making...

So I sat there and I thought what would people, like me, want in their garden... then it clicked... we are all oldham fans so why not the clubs logo... so here it is in all its glory (flowers not included by the way, got to get them back to the cemetary) and to my surprise and many others they look pretty damn good..they measure about 12 inches long, so plenty of room for your pots.

I've used quality materials, all hand painted and varnished and ours looks great on the patio... you could try the decking, side of your fish pond, driveway or even at the front door... will make them city and utd fans envious!

I've decided because I didnt buy a pink shirt or go to the leeds game i will donate a quid for everyone i sell to the pink shirt appeal... that will be my bit done

to cover costs of material,paints,and producing im selling these at 26 pounds and i will be making at least one trip over to oldham every week to deliver these.

if i can tempt you to buy one or more even (cheaper for two) please pm me with name, phone number and address and i will let you know when i will be over with it... probably a saturday or sunday

image015n.th.jpgimage014ixf.th.jpgimage013ymi.th.jpg

thanks for looking and keep the faith

Have you contcted the club shop with a view to selling them through there?

Or even the local B&Q!

Then again, there may be trademark issues!!

im waiting to get in touch with a member of here regarding the club.....has for b and q no i havnt...im a bit worried about playing with the big boys just yet because im not geared up for mass production just yet

im waiting to get in touch with a member of here regarding the club.....has for b and q no i havnt...im a bit worried about playing with the big boys just yet because im not geared up for mass production just yet

however there is some premises coming up for rent close by and if i continue to get the orders it could be worth thinking about