Will Haining update

Guest FyldeBlue

Guest FyldeBlue

Holloway plans to hold talks with centre back Haining, who again caught the eye during the friendly win at his former club Oldham.

"He did ever so well at Carlisle the previous game and so I thought I'd give him a start at Oldham," said the boss.

"He is what he showed he is, which is a very solid player who has played an awful lot of games in his life.

"He doesn't panic and I don't think he could have done much better. I'll be talking with him."

I guess he will until he finds out how much he overvalues himself these days. :wink: I don't think the powers that be at BP are too happy about him walking away after spending so long at B.P.

Holloway plans to hold talks with centre back Haining, who again caught the eye during the friendly win at his former club Oldham.

"He did ever so well at Carlisle the previous game and so I thought I'd give him a start at Oldham," said the boss.

"He is what he showed he is, which is a very solid player who has played an awful lot of games in his life.

"He doesn't panic and I don't think he could have done much better. I'll be talking with him."

I guess he will until he finds out how much he overvalues himself these days. :wink:I don't think the powers that be at BP are too happy about him walking away after spending so long at B.P.

As DP said, we did him a favour. We let him train with us and we had no intention whatsoever of signing him. I think they'd have fully expected it.

As DP said, we did him a favour. We let him train with us and we had no intention whatsoever of signing him. I think they'd have fully expected it.

If we had no intention of signing him, why play him in pre-seaon friendlies? Surely that time coud have been used to look at real trialists. Hughes trained with us, but wasn't used in friendlies.

Of course we looked at him with a view to signing him. We thought we could get him on the cheap, but clearly he has another option. When that cropped up and we were not offering what he wanted he said thanks and left.