Bristol Rovers Vs Huddersfield - Match Report

Righty, went yesterday to Brizzle rovers Vs 'udders with a couple of Town supporting mates... and because I was quite intrigued to see the league champions elect in action, especially after thier much hyped win over a very, very poor brighton team (as proved by being battered by Stockport)... and i have to say, on that showing we have not much to worry about from Town... but we will get Hammered by rovers!

First half - Hudderfield were terrible... and had some massive similarities to Oldham. Two lumbering, bulky centre backs got ripped apart by Jo Kuffour and Jeff Hughes -especially Kuffour who was fantastic.... should have been at least a couple up by half time, with the big difference between town and Oldham being 'udders have a fantastic keeper in Smithies. Biggest weakness appears to be Hudders Central midfield... decent wingers but absolutely no creativity in the centre of the park. And i'm still to be convinced that Kay is any sort of central midfielder. Also town look pretty lightweight up-front. Jordan Rhodes barely got a kick, and that Drinkwater who they got from Man U looks tidy... but not a forward....

Second Half - Clarke took off Kay and shoved on Robinson. Basically went 4-3-3 and played hoofball over the top to robinson... looked better and had a lot of posession but still created absolutely no chances... except for an off target header and a late scuffed volley. Didnt really have a clue how to break down rovers who just get as many men behind the ball and played on the break. Some very poor crossing from Hudders full-back and wingers also helped (especially Scarz who is a CB playing at LB). As for rovers - looked like they would score every time they went forward, two goalbound attemps cleared off the line, and well deserved the lead through the penalty. Really really nippy up front, and played some good stuff, have adapted well to the loss of Lambert and Kuffour was MOM by a distance... very worrying as he destroyed 'udders slow defence...

So.. overall... 'Udders wont win the league like that... they looked a decent outfit, but I bet thier fans are saying the same things as us... no creativing at CM, slow CB's who look mistake prone, need a new LB and on that showing, not too many goals if teams shut up shop against them... they seriously need someone to hold the ball up front IMO... someone say, like, maybe Pawel Abbott :wink:

... on the other hand... very impressed with Rovers. They'll beat us in 3 weeks if they play like that. Could be dark horses in this division and really enjoyed watching them.... They also have the biggest goalkeeper I have ever seen. That guy is massive.

I saw Huddersfield beat Stockport 3-1 in the League Cup.

I thought they were good, but not good enough to go up automatically.

As for Stockport scoring 4 at Brighton, I couldn't see them scoring 4 this side of Christmas! Brighton must be really :censored:e!! (a game with 6 goals, 2 penalties - 1 missed - 3 red cards).