Diouf

During the start of his early Premier League career, Diouf was involved in several incidents where he spat at fans and opposition players. Once on 13 March 2003, whilst playing for Liverpool, he was involved in a incident when he was accused of spitting at Celtic fans during a televised UEFA Cup quarter final. His club fined him two weeks' wages,[9] UEFA gave him a 2 match ban,[10] and Diouf was charged with assault.[11] Although Diouf initially pled not guilty,[12] he later changed his plea to guilty, and was fined £5,000.[13] Diouf issued a personal apology to the fan 2 days after the incident, and invited him to attend the second leg of the quarter final at Anfield as his personal guest in order to maintain the "special relationship" between the clubs.[14] Whilst he was on loan at Bolton, Diouf was again charged by the police for spitting at Middlesbrough fans during a 1-1 draw in November 2004.[15] Then, on 27 November 2004, Diouf spat in the face of Portsmouth player Arjan de Zeeuw.[16] He was fined two weeks wages by Bolton and was banned for 3 games by the FA after pleading guilty to a charge of improper conduct. De Zeeuw said that spitting in the modern game "shouldn't happen. It is unsportsmanlike, ridiculous and cowardly... I am just very disappointed with him". Diouf's Bolton team-mate Gary Speed said "It's something that you can't defend. To be on the receiving end of that is probably the worst thing that can happen to you. It's something that nobody wants to see in football."[17] Bolton manager Sam Allardyce later revealed that he considered sending Diouf to see a sports psychologist.
wasn't diouf the dog with bob carlgees as spit the dog? Edited by boboafc

I think I'd prefer him verbally abusing me rather than spitting at me, he's a bad bastard right enough.

Seems like he wasn't the only one subjected to it. Holloway said Jason Euell was subjected to it in their league cup game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/l...cup/8270064.stm

Good to see the stewards take action too.

Apparently Diouf's claiming that the Everton fans were throwing bananas at him:

The Blackburn forward made his complaint after the final whistle on Sunday and police, together with Everton stewards, immediately commenced a search of the playing surface where the alleged incident occurred plus the seating areas in the Lower Bullens Road Stand and Gwladys Street. No bananas were found in the search and no pictures have emerged that would support Diouf's claims.

What an immense tool he really is.