Its not the fans fault!

Im sick of hearing its the fans fault for getting Ronnie Moore sacked, John Sheridan sacked and trying to get Dave Penney sacked what a load of crap!

It was the TTA that sacked the managers not the fans!!!

Ronnie Moore was sacked due to poor season ticket sales, that was their decision as crowds are much worse now, personally was glad got rid as his football was crap and was glad we brought in Shezza, Tommy and Dux. Fans only to blame in that they didnt buy season tickets!!!

John Sheridan was sacked by TTA for off the field problems, ie problems with Windass, the dogs incident with Hughesy, drinking culture and the results were starting to go from bad to worse. Fans were getting restless but did not get Shezza sacked don't kid yourselves as soon as Oldham were hitting the headlines for the wrong reason and results were not the best the TTA were looking for the best way to change things and then decided to bring in someone to appease the Oldham public Joe Royle who then was given the job of getting rid of our only hope of promotion Lee Hughes!!

Dave Penney only has himself to blame, no attempt to try to bother with the fans from day 1, totally negative tactics, poor signings and taking months to realise the obvious! The fans knew early season we needed a keeper to push Brill for his place, knew we needed centre back cover for Greegs and Rubes, knew that Parker was not up to the job. He made big decisions on players like O'Grady and Alessandra without really seeing them play and he got lucky with Dale Stephens who if it wasn't for injuries would still probably have not played. He has turned us to a boring unattractive side to watch, where is the flying wingers we had under Shez both Taylor and Smalley have gone backwards under Penney. I'm sick of the happy with one point attitude very much better not to lose than risk going for a win. The majority of the fans want rid and I can understand why, relegation to league 2 is not an option if it comes down to the last few games I fear for us because under Penneys management and tactics I don't think we have enough to see us over the line. Yes it will cost us to sack him but what will it cost sticking with him, league 2 football and next season possibly the lowest season ticket sales in my lifetime and I'm 40 soon!!! I personally believe that with the right tactics and positive management there are enough good players at the club to help us survive well before the last couple of games!

All I will say if we're going to chant to get rid of Penney, let's wait til the appropriate time ie half time after the game as it does not help the players during the game! I was one of the few in the Rocky Road End trying my best to sing louder than the boo boys and getting behind the team, it was hard work as the silent majority didn't want to know!

Sorry for the long post but still angry after yesterdays game, think I need to go to the pub!!!! :)

Edited by oafcforever

Im sick of hearing its the fans fault for getting Ronnie Moore sacked, John Sheridan sacked and trying to get Dave Penney sacked what a load of crap!

It was the TTA that sacked the managers not the fans!!!

Ronnie Moore was sacked due to poor season ticket sales, that was their decision as crowds are much worse now, personally was glad got rid as his football was crap and was glad we brought in Shezza, Tommy and Dux. Fans only to blame in that they didnt buy season tickets!!!

John Sheridan was sacked by TTA for off the field problems, ie problems with Windass, the dogs incident with Hughesy, drinking culture and the results were starting to go from bad to worse. Fans were getting restless but did not get Shezza sacked don't kid yourselves as soon as Oldham were hitting the headlines for the wrong reason and results were not the best the TTA were looking for the best way to change things and then decided to bring in someone to appease the Oldham public Joe Royle who then was given the job of getting rid of our only hope of promotion Lee Hughes!!

Dave Penney only has himself to blame, no attempt to try to bother with the fans from day 1, totally negative tactics, poor signings and taking months to realise the obvious! The fans knew early season we needed a keeper to push Brill for his place, knew we needed centre back cover for Greegs and Rubes, knew that Parker was not up to the job. He made big decisions on players like O'Grady and Alessandra without really seeing them play and he got lucky with Dale Stephens who if it wasn't for injuries would still probably have not played. He has turned us to a boring unattractive side to watch, where is the flying wingers we had under Shez both Taylor and Smalley have gone backwards under Penney. I'm sick of the happy with one point attitude very much better not to lose than risk going for a win. The majority of the fans want rid and I can understand why, relegation to league 2 is not an option if it comes down to the last few games I fear for us because under Penneys management and tactics I don't think we have enough to see us over the line. Yes it will cost us to sack him but what will it cost sticking with him, league 2 football and next season possibly the lowest season ticket sales in my lifetime and I'm 40 soon!!! I personally believe that with the right tactics and positive management there are enough good players at the club to help us survive well before the last couple of games!

All I will say if we're going to chant to get rid of Penney, let's wait til the appropriate time ie half time after the game as it does not help the players during the game! I was one of the few in the Rocky Road End trying my best to sing louder than the boo boys and getting behind the team, it was hard work as the silent majority didn't want to know!

Sorry for the long post but still angry after yesterdays game, think I need to go to the pub!!!! :)

in a nutshell...PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE something that football fan's lost many moons ago ,Sad but true.. i'm off to the pub later ..the bristol arms in wes

ton super mare...a superdooper pub lifes a giraffe innit ta ta for now :grin: :grin: :grin: