shoulder charge

can anybody tell me if the shoulder charge has been taken out of the rules of football,because i am sick of seeing referees giving a free kick when its obviously a fair shoulder charge,if it has been outlawed then i would like to know when it was ?

can anybody tell me if the shoulder charge has been taken out of the rules of football,because i am sick of seeing referees giving a free kick when its obviously a fair shoulder charge,if it has been outlawed then i would like to know when it was ?

what i know off shoulder charge is allowed no FA news on it begin changed :grin:

what i know off shoulder charge is allowed no FA news on it begin changed :grin:

physical contact is being driven out of the game,especially on the big world stage....i thnk it will take a good few years yet to get rid of it from lower league football...as long as you dont use the elbow you should be fine

just what i thought,but why does every referee give a free kick when somebody does it,that to me is a case of the rules being ignored by the officiales who run the game in which case the officiales should be changed :ranting:

You're allowed to shoulder charge.

But as soon as a shoulder charge changes and the elbow or forearm extends in to an opponent, it's a foul.

i have been to lots of games where its been shoulder to shoulder and the referee hes given a free kick ,in my opinion the referee has taken it upon himself to change the law ,which is wrong ,they should stick to the rules.

i have been to lots of games where its been shoulder to shoulder and the referee hes given a free kick ,in my opinion the referee has taken it upon himself to change the law ,which is wrong ,they should stick to the rules.

I agree that the referee shouldn't change the rules.

The Paraguay v Spain game had two free kicks given (that I recall) where I sat thinking that it was just a good old-fashined shoulder charge. When another angle was shown it became obvious that more than just the shoulder was used.

Some referees are soft. Others know the game and know the sneaky tactics used by players.