• Dean Furman
    • Dale Stephens
    • Rodrigue Dikaba
    • Chris Taylor
    • Oumare Tounkara
    • Dean Kelly
    • Joe Jacobson
    • Paul Dickov

Furman was great on Saturday, he was the player we hoped we were getting when he signed so he gets my vote.

Mvoto had a great game for me, he won everything, it's a shame him and Jarrett let themselves down for the goal in what would have been an excellent display by our centre halves otherwise.

Brill again came good when he was called upon; and my worries that Kelly coming out of amatur football like he has would be a step to far seem to be un-founded. He first touch and the fact he always seemed to be available, coupled with a great work ethic nearly made him get my vote. He just needed a goal for that though....... and he's gonna need to play facing the goal more often for that to happen.

A final mention goes to Taylor, VERY quiet in the first half apart from the goal, but in the second he showed the sort of form that attracted so much attention a few seasons ago.

You forget that Mvoto was tackled with the ball in his own box twice! that is playground stuff. he was poor 1st half for me and he was on a par with that usless git Bruce we had on loan a few seasons back! I agree with you on Taylor, lets hope this kick starts him and he shows us and PD what he can do!

I thought Jarrett & M'Voto were both very shaky in first 20-25 minutes and this upset the whole balance and confidence of the team, we looked poor in that opening spell. From my position near the dugouts, during a break in play I heard Dickov shout at his defence to "f***ing sort it out" and from that moment onwards things improved dramatically. I thought the centre backs looked pretty solid after that and this spread through the team and we looked like a very decent side for the last hour.

Some people on the Facebook site were slagging Kelly and one or two even said he is worse than Colbeck :o I don't know what game they were watching but I think he looks like a very decent player who will contribute well - great bit of scouting in my opinion.

Agree with the comments about Dickov on the pitch, I didn't like it, felt there was too much pressure both on himself and on the rest of the players. Should keep himself in reserve for emergency situations.

I thought Jarrett & M'Voto were both very shaky in first 20-25 minutes and this upset the whole balance and confidence of the team, we looked poor in that opening spell. From my position near the dugouts, during a break in play I heard Dickov shout at his defence to "f***ing sort it out" and from that moment onwards things improved dramatically. I thought the centre backs looked pretty solid after that and this spread through the team and we looked like a very decent side for the last hour.

I thought the defence still looked shaky later in the game (although nowhere near as bad as the first 20 minutes), but isn't it great to have a manager who 1) doesn't take a vow of silence before kick-off and 2) the players are apparently terrified of?

As for Kelly being worse than Colbeck..... :petesake: No disrespect to Colbeck*, but after less than 2 months in professional football Kelly is showing far more intelligence and has a better touch than he ever did.

*every disrespect to Colbeck, who was rubbish. Ran around a lot though. God loves a trier.