Time to consolidate the positiveness

Where is the money coming from then Rick to redevelope boundary park if you say it can be done? Where is the money going to come from to fund this attacking football team that will bring the crowds flocking back?

In 2007, the land at Boundary Park was worth a hell of alot more than what it is now. I think Simon Corney mentioned at one of the meetings that since the arse fell out of the property market, they have had offers of 500k an acre, and I am sure that that is on the presumption that there wont be a football stadium on the land. Put a football stadium there and the land drops further.

And we have a successful attacking football team at the moment, yet we still can't get 4000 a week????

And to clarify earlier, when I said backwards thinking fans, I was talking about the ones who blindly refuse to accept a move to failsworth, the ones who pull the failsworth is in manchester crap (which it isnt as the football league would not let us move there if it was), the ones who would if given the choice, prefer to see the club wither and die a slow death at Boundary Park rather than enjoy sustainable success at Failsworth.

Attendances are not like a light switch - they will take time to build back up again.

How many times have we seemed like we have a decent crowd and then underperformed. How many people do you personally know who dont normally go, but went the the Rochdale Home match and havent been back since? I know of 4 that travelled in the same minibus as me.

I think that many of the lapsed supporters found it difficult to get out of the Latics habit, but once they stopped going have realised that there is life without football afterall and you effectively double your weekend time with your family that doesnt go to the match. I am not one of those, and despite not having a season ticket this year, still go whenever I can (went to Carlisle, but was working in London on Tuesday night so missed Hartlepool).

Despite the fact that I dont believe our only chance of survival is to move to Failsworth, and I am very much against such a move, I am not going to come on here and rub anyone's noses in it. I do, however hope that todays announcement may act as a catalyst for the redevelopment of Boundary Park to be seriously reavaluated - this would make me very happy indeed.