Having watched us draw a blank at Huddersfield, not only in terms of goals, but also clear cut chances, I feel a more "simplistic" approach would see us back on track.

I may be in a minority, but I honestly don't feel that our game plan was solely to negate Huddersfield's more prominent threats - we put together some nice little moves at times, which with a little more incision, could have lead to some decent chances.

I have been a big fan of our formation in recent months, with the fluid, interchanging front 4 ostensibly peaking against Chesterfield in November. However, the temporary loss of Simpson - & equally as telling for me, the ambiguity of Scapuzzi's role in the side - seems to have knocked us out our stride somewhat.

Despite what's been opined about Kuqi recently, I thought his attitude & application were high against Hudds, but watching him essentially plough a lone furrow up top can only be a bonus for opposition defences. I would love to see Smith & Kuqi up front together for a full 90 mins. Shefki can only benefit from the added space this would bring & Smith scored on his last start. The only possible problem I could envisage is then taking away Simpson's license to roam by reverting to a more rigid formation.

It's a tricky one, and as mentioned, perhaps the effect of the current formation's success at home to Chesterfield is reason enough to bear with it for now. I've no doubt that our cup exploits have added to our lull, and the last thing we need is being sucked into a dogfight with a knackered squad. For the most part, Dickov's substitutes this year have been fairly conservative, like for like changes. I hope to see a bit more reactionary subs if & when it's needed. We have players who can play in a number of positions, so why not exploit this?

Having watched us draw a blank at Huddersfield, not only in terms of goals, but also clear cut chances, I feel a more "simplistic" approach would see us back on track.

I may be in a minority, but I honestly don't feel that our game plan was solely to negate Huddersfield's more prominent threats - we put together some nice little moves at times, which with a little more incision, could have lead to some decent chances.

I have been a big fan of our formation in recent months, with the fluid, interchanging front 4 ostensibly peaking against Chesterfield in November. However, the temporary loss of Simpson - & equally as telling for me, the ambiguity of Scapuzzi's role in the side - seems to have knocked us out our stride somewhat.

Despite what's been opined about Kuqi recently, I thought his attitude & application were high against Hudds, but watching him essentially plough a lone furrow up top can only be a bonus for opposition defences. I would love to see Smith & Kuqi up front together for a full 90 mins. Shefki can only benefit from the added space this would bring & Smith scored on his last start. The only possible problem I could envisage is then taking away Simpson's license to roam by reverting to a more rigid formation.

It's a tricky one, and as mentioned, perhaps the effect of the current formation's success at home to Chesterfield is reason enough to bear with it for now. I've no doubt that our cup exploits have added to our lull, and the last thing we need is being sucked into a dogfight with a knackered squad. For the most part, Dickov's substitutes this year have been fairly conservative, like for like changes. I hope to see a bit more reactionary subs if & when it's needed. We have players who can play in a number of positions, so why not exploit this?

Ever so eloquently saying nothing :wink: