Latics Badges...

anyone noticed the owl on top of the executive box chaddy/lookers one. onli noticed it at the wednesday game. how long has that been there ?

At least two seasons.

Also there used to be 'flying' owls suspended from the Chaddy and Main Stand roofs, but I'm not sure if they're still there. They're all intended to keep the pigeons away.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Also there used to be 'flying' owls suspended from the Chaddy and Main Stand roofs, but I'm not sure if they're still there. They're all intended to keep the pigeons away.

There is still at least one bird (not an owl) suspended from the Main Stand roof, I believe it is intended to keep pigeons away but it doesn't work as the row of seats directly under the central beam is always covered in bird muck.

Edited by Hometownclub

There is still at least one bird (not an owl) suspended from the Main Stand roof, I believe it is intended to keep pigeons away but it doesn't work as the row of seats directly under the central beam is always covered in bird muck.

You're correct - I think they were kestrels rather than owls. Pigeons may be vermin but they're not daft! :grin:

The owl on top of the lookers side executive box *cough* has been there for at least 5 seasons. I have a picture of it from the 2001 Cardiff game. I thought everyone knew it was there?

I should have spent more time watching the game. :)

Keep the Faith

Edited by seasidelatic