Club history - 1972

I am trying to find out the date and result of the Orient vs Latics away match in the 1972/73 season - and any other info from that match (eg players, goalscorers etc). I've done numerous internet searches but not got anywhere yet.

Can anyone help? :)

:cardinal:

We didnt play Orient that season they were in Div 2 and we of course in Div 3.

That's why I can't find it! And the same goes for the next season. But we did play them away in 1974-75. I think it was October or November. So - same request - anyone know any details of that match?

Thanks exile. :wink:

Edited by The Chaplain

Guest oa_exile
That's why I can't find it! So did we play them 1973/74 and if so then the same request stands?

Thanks exile. :wink:

Season 73/74 was our promotion season , Orient were still in Div 2

........and before you ask yes we did play them in season 74/75 :grin: want the info ? :)

Guest oa_exile

OCT 12th Orient V's OAFC Result 3:1 Goals : Whittle (pen) ATT : 6511

APR 19th OAFC V's Orient Result 0:0 Goals : None ATT : 10571

Edited by oa_exile

Brilliant! That's the one. And what a season that was. We failed to win any away matches all season, but we stayed up anyway.

Thanks.

10 games won and that included the yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss get in 1-0 victory over the scummers - pity i was too young to go the game - have heard about it a couple of times from some old blokes i know :grin:

OCT 12th Orient V's OAFC Result 3:1 Goals : Whittle (pen) ATT : 6511

Wasnt it always NIL-NIL when we played Orient at home?

Always remember them being the most boring game of the season,big side every time they came,put 10 men on the line.

Sounds strange now I know,they also stood out for having more than 2 Black players in the side which was very rare at the time.

Guest oa_exile
Over 10k at BP, if only! :OASISscarf:

The average attendance for the 74/75 season was 13,248

Highest was against the Scum : 26,384 (A game i was was proud to be at ^_^ ) second highest was 16,483 against .........

........Oh! :censored::censored: , :censored::censored::censored: :censored: Wanderers :lol:

Our lowest attendances were four games of around 9,500 +/-

Hard to believe but we actually lost money that season as the Club had budgeted for an ave Att of 15,000.

Bloody latics eh ! :grin:

That game was my very first appearance at BP as a 2 and a bit year old sat on my Dad's shoulders. We went in when they open the gates for the last 15 minutes or so. Don't remember much about it like.......................................

That game was my very first appearance at BP as a 2 and a bit year old sat on my Dad's shoulders. We went in when they open the gates for the last 15 minutes or so. Don't remember much about it like.......................................

And the away match at Orient earlier in the season was my very first Latics match too! Don't remember much about it either. But I'm still here!

Edited by The Chaplain