Whoever it is!

Lets be honest!!!

If it is O'grady, give the lad a chance... SOME people on here are already having a pop at him, unbelievable!

I hopeits Ricky Lambert!, Leon Clarke, Wallwork, all would do for me!

But if its O'grady, welcome aboard!

SOME PROPLE NEED TO GET A GRIP!

Lets be honest!!!

If it is O'grady, give the lad a chance... SOME people on here are already having a pop at him, unbelievable!

Ricky Lambert!,

Not a chance in high heaven

Lets be honest!!!

whos having a pop???? :angry:

Well said Ed. I have to admit I'm underwhelmed, but if it's like one of the last times I was underwhelmed (Allott and Hazell!) I'll be happy.

im not having a pop at him......for one i dont know that much about him except for his stats,and those dont really make great bedtime reading material do they......who ever signs for oldham will always have my backing..........it is only my opinion that it isnt a high profile prolific striker to help shoot us out of this awful division.

if he bangs 20 goals in next season i will be the first to sit and eat a healthy portion of humble pie......i just think we could do better,given that tta have said money is there for the right player.......

We've got one in Hughes and another coming along nicely in Davies. B)

yes...but there is no saying hughes will be over his injuries properly and davies also.......plus were paying a fee........parker has gone to huddersfield on a free........

like i say i hope he proves me wrong,and does the buisness

yes...but there is no saying hughes will be over his injuries properly and davies also.......plus were paying a fee........parker has gone to huddersfield on a free........

like i say i hope he proves me wrong,and does the buisness

And Parker might get injured.

As long as Gregan is at Latics, Parker will be nowhere near us.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

And Parker might get injured.

anybody might get injured

at the end of the day he is a squad player.....fair enough......we lacked depth in squad last season so were making up for it this season....that cant be wrong can it....

i was trying to point out where paying money for a relative untried and untested stiker,who most of us no little or nothing about,when the likes of parker have moved for nothing

Yes that is what I was pointing out.

We've got a bit of pace, we've got a poacher and over his time here Shez has often gone for a target man (usually on loan) and must see this lad (if it is him :wink: ) as being of a similar mould.

What is the point in paying up to £99,000 for a striker when we have Lewis, Hughes, Davies and Smalley?

The point is (if it is Toxteth) then we are paying for the potential, it doesn't matter how many goals he scored last season, or the season before, stick him in our side or from the bench maybe with Taylor, Eardey, Smalley or whoever providing the service and see how many goals he scores this coming season and the season after in the Blue of Oldham in the Championship.

How many were "underwhelmed" by the Porter signing? How many of these people were gutted when he left?

Edited by beag_teeets

Ok I have had enough of this already. He's 22 over 6 feet, fairly pacy, scored 1 in 4 last year but decent goals, ISN'T overweight, overpaid and overated nor an ex I nternational on the slide.

IF IT IS O'Grady BACK HIM!!!!!!!!!!! young not a journeyman, something to prove. We can sign a Constantine when we get the Micah money.

We just seem to get on people backs before the even pull on a blue shirt? It baffles me

at the end of the day he is a squad player.....fair enough......we lacked depth in squad last season so were making up for it this season....that cant be wrong can it....

i was trying to point out where paying money for a relative untried and untested stiker,who most of us no little or nothing about,when the likes of parker have moved for nothing

We as fans may know nothing or little about him, but I would like to think that Shez and TW have done their homework and if the signing is O Grady then they must see something in him and TTA must concur, if he signs then untill I see evidence to prove otherwise then he has my backing.

Constantine (who I was hoping it was) was a one in four man for Torquay but he didn't turn out to be a bad signing for Port Vale, if it is O'Grady he could be an Allott style bargain. Like Lee and Fleming he has the potential to worth a bit of money in the future.

Lets face it, could we afford a player who has a record so good they would put Davies or Hughes on the bench? I don't think so. We probably couldn't afford Dickinson from Stockport. Kiegan Parker is not Championship quality and never will be so why would we want him? We don't want to be signing players we know won't be good enough 'when' we get promoted. Shez has gambled on O'Grady becoming a quality player and he knows if he is wrong and we don't go up he'll be sacked. Can't believe people are unhappy we are shelling out money for a striker.

Edited by ritchie82

some people seem to forget about the gem we call fitz hall,came from nowhere and if we hadnt be screwed by mr c m**re we would probably have made a mint on him,

the fact is people just look at past records and condem players for it,a poor stiker in one team may be a golden boot winner in ours who knows