Latics chief chases left-footer

eurosport/yahoo.

Oldham Athletic boss John Sheridan has revealed he is targeting a left-footed player to complete his summer recruitment drive.The Latics boss has brought in six new faces to bolster his squad during the transfer window, with experienced midfielder Kevin Maher being the latest addition.

But former Sheffield Wednesday playmaker Sheridan believes a left-sided player is still needed to add the necessary balance to his squad.

"I still think we need another left-footed player and I've made a couple of enquiries about players at other clubs," Sheridan told the club's official website.

"We have a number of players who can play on the left side but a natural left-footer brings a bit more balance.

"I feel we need more depth there and I'll be looking to bring someone in if possible

Keep up Bob :) ask LL what a Left Footer is :wink:

I believe if originates from some (slightly puzzling) slander about Catholics in Ireland using a different type of shovel, or a different shovelling technique, presumably for the purposes of digging potatoes up, and to this day persists as a RACIST slur against Catholics in general. Other RACIST stereotypes against Irish Catholics are that we drink and swear a lot and pursue grudges for decades, and indeed centuries. None of these are of course true.