What has Happened to....

During my drunken musings on the train on the way home last night... I firstly thought, isnt it ironic that we have signed so many new players, yet only one of them started yesterday (whitaker - and boy was I thankful he was on the pitch).. and that it is our core of players from last season that is serving us so well... with the added motivation of great squad depth... and then I started thinking about our supposed biggest summer signing - Kieran Lee...

Where is the guy? I may have missed something about an added injury... but didnt this guy play in a couple of pre-season games... yet we havent seen a peep of him near the squad, may be looking too much into it, but Hughesy, maher, Kelvin etc... all got rushed back... yet kieran is no where to be seen?

As I say, probably lookin too much into it... and probably just a bit behind fitness wise from what is now a very strong squad... but is it a bit odd he hasnt played yet?

It also just shows how strong our squad now is... we are starting to forget about players!

During my drunken musings on the train on the way home last night... I firstly thought, isnt it ironic that we have signed so many new players, yet only one of them started yesterday (whitaker - and boy was I thankful he was on the pitch).. and that it is our core of players from last season that is serving us so well... with the added motivation of great squad depth... and then I started thinking about our supposed biggest summer signing - Kieran Lee...

Where is the guy? I may have missed something about an added injury... but didnt this guy play in a couple of pre-season games... yet we havent seen a peep of him near the squad, may be looking too much into it, but Hughesy, maher, Kelvin etc... all got rushed back... yet kieran is no where to be seen?

As I say, probably lookin too much into it... and probably just a bit behind fitness wise from what is now a very strong squad... but is it a bit odd he hasnt played yet?

It also just shows how strong our squad now is... we are starting to forget about players!

He got injured in a pre-season match. I think they said he would miss the first 3 weeks of the season while he gets back to match fitness

Edited by BlueInAus

He's just getting back to match fitness after missing most of pre season.

He's a cracking player, he'd be looking to take the playmaker role but i think he'll take young Kelvin's position at left back!

Kieron Lee will be a top class player when he is aventually fit, theres no need for him to be rushed back though!!

Well, if we continue to play so well, he's gonna find it hard to prove his ability. Shez has admitted he doesn't like changing a winning side.

On a side note - which may see Lee come into the side - the game that will tell me is we're capable of promotion will be Colchester away. Let's see if we're up for that one, which doesn't have all the wonders of Leeds away.

Guest M_OAFC

Lee is not injured.

He did get injured in pre-season training before any of the friendlies had even started but he recovered from that and resumed full training about a fortnight before the season started. However he is not match fit.

He and Thompson both played 45 minutes at Barrow and 90 minutes at Ashton in the very last friendly 4 days before the season started but Sheridan was quoted in the build up to the Millwall game as saying that he didn't consider either of them to be match fit yet so Lee's omission thus far appears to be down to that rather than being overlooked on the basis of form or ability.

It does beg the question though, when are we going to arrange some reserve friendlies? Otherwise how are they meant to get match fit? And equally, how are the likes of Fleming, Black, Stephens etc meant to stay match fit?

Lee is not injured.

He did get injured in pre-season training before any of the friendlies had even started but he recovered from that and resumed full training about a fortnight before the season started. However he is not match fit.

He and Thompson both played 45 minutes at Barrow and 90 minutes at Ashton in the very last friendly 4 days before the season started but Sheridan was quoted in the build up to the Millwall game as saying that he didn't consider either of them to be match fit yet so Lee's omission thus far appears to be down to that rather than being overlooked on the basis of form or ability.

It does beg the question though, when are we going to arrange some reserve friendlies? Otherwise how are they meant to get match fit? And equally, how are the likes of Fleming, Black, Stephens etc meant to stay match fit?

Ressies are playing Citeh on Wednesday night at BP, 7pm Kick Off Manchester Senior Cup

Ressies are playing Citeh on Wednesday night at BP, 7pm Kick Off Manchester Senior Cup

Should be a very decent side out for that then... as has been said before, it is rare that we have ever got excited about watching our reserves play, however should be a lot of people fighting for their place on saturday in that game.... as has also been said, the team that we put out on wednesday should be on paper good enough to beat a Cheltenaham, or a lower league 1 team... up to them to show it now......

I'll be having a bit of that then!!

As to Lee, i saw him vs Ashton and he looked ok in the CM role, though he got barged off the ball a fair few times by quite a physical side. He has a good touch, and made a few decent runs, but i think we'll most likely see him deployed at LB as Allott / Whittaker & Maher have more of a League 1 CM mentality about them; i feel Keiron might be a tad too lightweight to be in the engine room in league 1.

Though, it has to be said, he'll have to wait till Lomax throws away the starting spot at LB, as for me he is the 1st choice right now & its his place to lose.