Geek Help Needed

Damian_Thorn

I run Norton Internet Security (I know it's not a lot of people's cup of tea, but I've never had a problem) and not so long ago I added PC Tools spyware doctor. Everything worked well for a long time, but now although Spyware Doctor picks any up 'infections' I can't access the problem because of a PC Tools GUI problem, I've sent emails but they don't reply, so I'm thinking of dumping it and finding some other spyware detector, so (1) Do I need the extra protection, (2)If so can anyone recommend one.

Thanks in advance.

DT

I run Norton Internet Security (I know it's not a lot of people's cup of tea, but I've never had a problem) and not so long ago I added PC Tools spyware doctor. Everything worked well for a long time, but now although Spyware Doctor picks any up 'infections' I can't access the problem because of a PC Tools GUI problem, I've sent emails but they don't reply, so I'm thinking of dumping it and finding some other spyware detector, so (1) Do I need the extra protection, (2)If so can anyone recommend one.

Thanks in advance.

DT

i use spybot search & destroy http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

also use crap cleaner and lavasoft adaware which are good tools

Guest oa_exile

Thanks in advance.

DT

Have trove through the threads on here (Techie Help) Damian , you will pick up some useful tips.