Interview with an Opposition Fan

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

Fans Of MK Give Their Views

Welcome to the first edition of 'Interview with an opposing fan'.

Each week, I'll be trawling the online message boards to get answers to different questions on the upcoming game Vs. Latics.

This week, of course, we play MK Dons on Saturday at BP.

For MK Dons, I've gone for five questions and received multiple replies, as follows:

What's your view on how the season is going so far for MK Dons?

Very well than how I expected at the beginning. After losing Incey I thought we would struggle, but we've seemed to fit in.

So far, so good. 9 points (should have been 10 or 12) from a possible 15 including some tricky games and good performances have been welcome.

We're 5th, so a very good start for us. We never expected to beat Leicester but besides that the only hiccup has been Swindon, where we did enough to win. Otherwise good results, particularly beating Huddersfield 3-1 away. Di Matteo is settling well and we've picked up where we left off last season, with the new players replacing the old ones well in most areas.

Well we have had some very good results so far without really getting out of first gear which can't be a bad thing.

Season so far is going quite well

Reasonably good start to the season, especially with the whole 'will he / wont he leave' debacle with our old skipper!

Very good so far, was a shame about the slip up v Swindon as we didn't deserve to lose but a great win against Huddersfield.

Going well. We are starting to hit some form now all the to-ing and fro-ing caused by losing Ince, hiring RDM, time missed in the transfer window, losing Keet Andrews etc. etc. is behind us.

Very well apart from the Swindon game

Somewhere between "as well as can be expected" and "promising".

Promising, playing some good football and the new players that have come in are bedding in quite well.

Going well so far, yet to find solid form but in terms of how the other teams promoted last season are doing I'm very happy.

Do you think you can beat Oldham on Saturday?

If we play like we did Saturday then yes.

I would be pleasantly surprised if we could, but I don't think so.

Anyone can beat anyone in this division but I don't expect anything from Saturday with the start you've had. Unlike last season there's going to be games where we don't expect to get anything and don't. A draw would be a very good result away from home.

Well we have only lost twice on the road this calendar year so I would like to say yes, but I can't see it.

We can beat Oldham - but it will be very difficult, and I'm not sure if we will be Oldham - your start to the season has been very good with some important wins.

Yes we can beat Oldham on Saturday

Yes of course we can beat Oldham; we have an excellent away record.

Won't be easy but, on our day, we can beat you.

Yes

Oldham are top so it's unlikely, but we were phenomenal away from home to the best sides last season so yes, it is not impossible.

On our day we can beat anyone in this league... although it is going to be a very hard game

I think it will be a struggle but anything can happen.

Prediction of the result?

2-0 Dons - Baldock and Leven to score

Either 1-1 draw or 1-0 to you lot.

2-1 to you. We'll defend well for the most part and then make a couple of pointless errors.

Oldham 2-1 Dons

I will settle for a bore-draw at 1-1.

2-0 Dons

1-1 will probably suit both teams.

1-2

1-3

0-0 - Our manager's priority at the moment is to stop giving away silly goals.

I think and I will be happy with a 1-1

1-1

Where do you think you'll finish in the league?

Mid-Table, pushing towards Play-Offs

I thought 12th at the start of the season so I will stick with that.

Top half based on the start we've had. Playoffs would be a hugely successful debut season for Robby.

15th

Final position? Hopefully play-offs - certainly somewhere close.

Top half, possibly play-offs

8th

7th

7th

5th

Upper-mid table, possibly sneaking into a playoff position.

How do you rate your manager at the moment?

Highly. He came in with a low budget and with big shoes to fill, from Incey. But I think he is starting to fit into management and if we win 3-0 without having a best XI yet, I’m excited.

Again, pleasantly surprised with his performance. Wasn't initially sure about his appointment but we have done pretty well so far against some tough teams and played some decent football in the process, especially against Yeovil.

Like Ince there was quite a lot of apprehension at his appointment but I was absolutely over the moon, and he hasn't let me down so far. We haven't conceded a goal this season that hasn't been a free-kick, penalty or error (and two out of that three have been shocking errors), so if we can cut those out we could go places, as the goals and confidence are starting to come.

I was a little sceptical when he was first appointed but the early signs are looking good, I am confident he can keep us in the division it's just a case of whether we can push on from there.

Manager - have a great start to his first ever management job, so I'm happy.

Too early to say, but is making a good impact

Excellent high profile appointment who is over achieving at present, I think he will continue with Ince's good work from last season and prepare us for a tilt at promotion next season if gets the all important luck.

Quietly getting the job done. Top appointment. Doubt he'll be here longer than 18 months

First Impressions very good wants the boys to keep the ball on the ground and play fast pace football the same as Incey none of this long ball rubbish.

I think he's good but time will tell. Some will say the jury is out, but they were calling for Ince's head this time last year.

Good start, has had to replace some key players from last year and has had a few injured players to deal with... long way to go but looks very promising.

RDM has done well so far but I think it's a beat early to start rating him. He made an error last week (v Swindon) taking Jude Stirling off but other than that I can't really fault him.

OK So thats the end of the MK Dons views. Bit of a mixed bag really, some are looking for a top 6 finish. Most think we are one of the teams to beat and that it'll be a tough game. Roberto seems to have won a few friends, playing attractive football and replaceing some players they lost last season.

I'll be varying both my questions and the style of interviews over the coming games. A mixture of what you see above with several people answering to an interview with a single fan. All comments and feedback are always welcome.

They sound a bit like us! Having looked at other teams' fans' comments (apart from the arrogant ones like Leeds), there's not massive amounts of confidence from one game to the next, and mixed feelings about prospects for the season. Think it'll be good to compare and contrast between teams' fans' confidence / opinions of us.

Also, is that a sample of comments or everything that came back?

What do you think, Testuser? :grin:

Edit: Awwwwwwwwwwww, testuser's post has been deleted :wink:

Edited by maddog

Guest sheridans_world

It's everything that came back up to Tuesday afternoon. I posted it on Monday evening on the MK forums and they are the replies I got with 24 hours or so.

P.s. Testuser was unavailable for comment :grin:

Come on... you missed a very obvious and simple question...

Q. Aaron Wilbraham and Kevin Gallen up-front? :laught16:

Look like very normal and down to earth fans, which i'm sure will surprise some on here who seem to feel they are two headed monsters who think that MK Super-franchise should be winning the champions league by now... MK fans in informed sensible fans shocker? will never happen...