Interview with an opposition fan

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

IWAOF - A Hartlepool View!

Welcome to the next edition of 'Interview with an opposition fan'. Next up for the blues is Hartlepool away so once again i've gone to the most popular opposition messageboard, this week asking six questions to the Hartlepool faithful:

1. Hartlepool have had a mixed start to the season, 3 wins and 3 losses, how do you rate this season so far?

Disappointed that we wont play for a full 90 minutes at home,but results wise thatll do nicely.1st premier:censored: scalp for 15 years is nothing to be sniffed at.

Better than expected. We have had 2 good wins in the league cup.

You missed out the League cup, up to now we've knocked out Scunthorpe and West Brom so a better than mixed start. To be honest, most people didn't have too much expectations for this season so we're exceeding them already. Apart from the odd lapse of concentration in defence we've been very solid. In summary its a satisfactory start and promising.

The wins have been good, the defeats less so. We are unbeaten in the League Cup and will remain so as long as we don't lose. When we do, we'll go out having won more matches than we've lost in that competition this season.

2. There was very little transfer activity at Hartlepool during the close season, only the signings of Mark Cook, Richie Jones and Alan Power, any particular reason?

Until the council sell the ground the owners will stay reluctant to put cash into players.

Yeah the owners are reducing the squad and the wage bill. its called a credit crunch. attendances are down for probably the same reason.

Who's Mark Cook? Jones is proving to be a real find and Power has had flashes but its early days. I don't think you'll find anyone who would kick them out just yet. As for a reason, money has been mentioned but we don't get too much info out of the Kremlin.(This poster went on to realise Mark Cook was a young keeper they signed!)

We are a small club with small gates (which stop big people getting in) and consequently a small income. We have owners who like to balance the books. Not much money coming in so not much money to go out on signings/salaries.

3. Danny Wilson has had a few seasons to mould the squad and the club to his style now, how do you rate him?

Dull and boring,however I do think it would be wrong to sack him,at the moment we need continuity

Very highly personally but opinions are divided on here. we just wish he would stop messing about with the team. oh and sign a right back.

He makes Raneiri look like a bloke who insists on a settled team! Great first season, followed by a boring season of consolidation last year and this season is looking ok up to now. He's as good a manager as a club like ours is going to get. We just wish he would stop tinkering.

Danny Wilsonout has the unanimous support of all Hartlepool fans who think he is doing a good job. He has less support amongst those who don't.

4. To the game, How are you playing at the moment, a good 4-1 win over Cheltenham last time out, will you beat Oldham this weekend?

Yes

Well it wont end 0-0 i can assure you of that. we dont do 0-0 and havent done for over a year. so far at home we have put 4 past colchester and cheltenham and 3 past scunny and west brom. this has carried over from last season when we scored more goals at home than anyone else. we havent kept a claean sheet in the league tho since about easter. we are great at home and crap away.

Who knows! Its early days to judge anyone from the current table. Our feelings are that Leicester will run away with the league but they're not top at the moment. We'll give a good account of ourselves but Oldham have had a good start so won't roll over either.

We are mega at home and not quite so mega away. We will beat Oldham as long as we score more goals than they do.

5. Score prediction?

3-1

hahahah. it could be anything with pools. we could well get 3 or 4 and we could well concede 3 or 4. i will go for 3-2 to us. it will be entertaining though.

I'm biased so I'll say 2-1 or 3-1 to Pools but then I would say that. A draw isn't out of the question if you play well and like everyone else, we never lose in predictions!

7-0 to Pools

6. Finally, Where do you think you'll finish in the league this season?

Middle of nowhere

10th

We'll finish a few places either side of the middle.

We are long-suffering fans of a long-suffering team. We know we can't expect much. We have grown accustomed to disappointment and failure and with realistic pessimism in the circumstances I fear that we are unlikely to finish much higher than 2nd.

So no prizes for guessing who was being a little sarcastic there!

Hartlepool have a settled side, they have scored a few goals this season and have a better home record than away record. It'll be an interesting game!

"I'm biased so I'll say 2-1 or 3-1 to Pools but then I would say that. A draw isn't out of the question if you play well and like everyone else, we never lose in predictions!"

Now I'm cautious about this game, but if we play like we have been, we've got more of a chance of winning the game than Pool I think. S/he makes it sound as though we don't stand much of a chance of claiming all 3 points.

"I'm biased so I'll say 2-1 or 3-1 to Pools but then I would say that. A draw isn't out of the question if you play well and like everyone else, we never lose in predictions!"

Now I'm cautious about this game, but if we play like we have been, we've got more of a chance of winning the game than Pool I think. S/he makes it sound as though we don't stand much of a chance of claiming all 3 points.

who was the fan JEFF STELLING ??? from sky.