Sending off

Thought at the game it was for a second yellow but presumed I missed the yellow being brandished.

SSN coverage looks like a straight red, but the BBC report says 2 yellows.

If it was straight red then its harsh IMO.

the referee shown just the red card

for 2 yellows the ref normally shows a yellow followed by a red

Thought at the game it was for a second yellow but presumed I missed the yellow being brandished.

SSN coverage looks like a straight red, but the BBC report says 2 yellows.

If it was straight red then its harsh IMO.

He got the yellow out, didn't show it, wrote the details on the back, then just showed the red.

It looked two footed to me, although Allott didn't make much of it and there wasn't the usual handbags you see for that sort of tackle.

I think it was the same guy that had only been booked about a minute earlier but the ref definitely only showed the red card so whether or not he was classing the second one as a straight red in its own right I don't know.

If he is it looks very harsh to me although Allott's body was obstructing my view slightly so I could be wrong. That tackle on Allott by the Huddersfield player the other week looked far worse though. In the present climate I still can't believe he only got a yellow for that.