Fir Lane Closed - Snow

Guest sheridans_world

CHAOS!

only in uk.

Indeed. Without piping on about it, I was in Quebec when it was -30c and there were two feet of now minimum, drifts upto 4ft and they didn't close a thing.

It's embarrasing that I look out my window and see half an inch of snow and then read that the local schools are closed!!

Indeed. Without piping on about it, I was in Quebec when it was -30c and there were two feet of now minimum, drifts upto 4ft and they didn't close a thing.

It's embarrasing that I look out my window and see half an inch of snow and then read that the local schools are closed!!

I cant see why theres always so much fuss about how we go to pieces when it snows. We dont have the infrastructure and the spend that places like Canada do. We're also much much more densely populated.

Doing my own sums* it would cost OMBC £9,732,259 per annum to provide the same amount of cover that Montreal does. That's a lot of money for something that isnt an annual event.

*=

c.128million Canadian Dollars spent by the city council per year

1,620,693 in Montreal last census

78.97CND per person

219,500 population of Oldham Borough, last census

which would mean 17,335,794 CND for the equivalent spend

which comes to £9,732,259 (according to the internet thingy I just used)