Golf Trips

0afc68

Anyone been away for a few days in Europe playing golf? wheres the best place to look for some good deals,

cheers.

For the last 12 years our society has been going to Majorca every October. It's not the cheapest place in Europe, but there are 19 courses to choose from, and it gives a group of lads an excuse for a week in Magaluf.... :naughty::lipsrsealed2::drinking45:

If you don't fancy arranging your own trip, I'd suggest:

www.magoco.com

www.SimplyMallorcaGolf.com

or

www.4golf.com

Some good deals are available in France:

golfinfrance.com

The 'in' place at the moment is Belek in Turkey (www.golfbreaks.com amongst others) which is slightly better value than Euro currency countries, or there is the old favourite Portugal, which has fabulous courses, though the nightlife isn't a patch on Magaluf.

Personally, I've given up on Ireland - Great courses but getting very expensive, and Scotland's unpredictable weather can ruin your trip.

A lot would depend on how long you are going for, and how many rounds you want to take in. For example, Normandy is easy to get to, and fairly cheap to play/stay. If you were going for a week though, you'd soon be bored to death at night.

Oh, and if you're going as a mixed group - well you should be ashamed of yourself encouraging women to tie up the fairways :wink::peepwall:

Edited by outoftheblue

Why is it I'm always last to know when Europe expands across the Atlantic?

I suppose I just wanted to show off the fact that I once went and played at those courses, coincidentally thanks to a Latics link.

Hopefully I will get there again one day, anybody who has the pennies should go. Happy Days :)

I suppose I just wanted to show off the fact that I once went and played at those courses, coincidentally thanks to a Latics link.

Hopefully I will get there again one day, anybody who has the pennies should go. Happy Days :)

Gotta admit it looks impressive!

I played Varadero in Cuba a couple of years ago and that was in wonderful condition, but the best memories I have are from playing Rarotonga (Cook Islands) and Mahaka West Hawaii.

I often like to compare them to my home club, Werneth (Not).

Keep them as memories - If you go there again it won't be as magical - it never is.

Gotta admit it looks impressive!

I played Varadero in Cuba a couple of years ago and that was in wonderful condition, but the best memories I have are from playing Rarotonga (Cook Islands) and Mahaka West Hawaii.

I often like to compare them to my home club, Werneth (Not).

Keep them as memories - If you go there again it won't be as magical - it never is.

Mahaka West Hawaii looks something special.

The bold comment I like, I shall remember that. I suppose there are plenty of other magical places to visit......Werneth for a start. :wink: