Deane Smalley

ive never been sure about smalley always seemed a bit lightweight and nervous for my liking but over the last few weeks i have changed my opinion, he has been brave with and without the ball and although he is a long way from the finished article he is improving week by week, he has also run his tripe out in games over the last month and a half.

tonight was not his best performance but in my eyes he was the best latics player (not difficult), he wanted the ball and at times he was the only player with any movement

so credit where its due, keep it up dean!

ive never been sure about smalley always seemed a bit lightweight and nervous for my liking but over the last few weeks i have changed my opinion, he has been brave with and without the ball and although he is a long way from the finished article he is improving week by week, he has also run his tripe out in games over the last month and a half.

tonight was not his best performance but in my eyes he was the best latics player (not difficult), he wanted the ball and at times he was the only player with any movement

He was just as bad as the rest of them.

I reckon like some folks resemble their dog.....your avatar must be :censored: spot on!!

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Smalley was garbage. A professional footballer should not need to have the crowd tell him to chase a ball the keeper can't pick up. His positional sense is hopeless and is so soft the andrex puppy would probaly knock him off the ball. He ain't good enough to mkae it without serious improvements.

Edited by Max Damage

Guest sheridans_world

Smalley was a shadow of the player he has been over the last few weeks but he was one of the better one's on the pitch.

I think the big issue is that none of Smalley, Windass, Hughes and Taylor were get any service what-so-ever from the rest of the team...

Guest sheridans_world
Smalley and Taylor were on the wing. It is surely their job to provide service.

True, but if they cant get the ball of Whits/Allott/Golbourne/Hines, what chance have they got?

It's alright giving them the ball in your own half and telling them to get to the goal line and cross, having to beat two, even three men in the process. They really come alive when they get the ball in the oppositions half and get to the goal line. This second thing didnt happen at all.

True, but if they cant get the ball of Whits/Allott/Golbourne/Hines, what chance have they got?

It's alright giving them the ball in your own half and telling them to get to the goal line and cross, having to beat two, even three men in the process. They really come alive when they get the ball in the oppositions half and get to the goal line. This second thing didnt happen at all.

Smalley and Taylor saw plenty of the ball and kept running it out.