Let's be honest...

We aren't even going to make the play offs if we play like today. I had deja vu from when Ronnie 'hoofball' Moore was managing us - no ideas, no creativity, no (obvious) desire from the players, no motivation from the management team (who stood with their arms folded all thorugh the second half)...need i go on?

Could someone just answer a few questions for me..

1) Why, when it is plainly obvious, have we signed two full backs (Jones & Goldbourne) and a centre half (Hines), a winger (who has seemingly disappeared), a fat, old and lazy striker who appears to be so full of his own self importance that he can't even be arsed to try when he's on the pitch (Windass) and another striker (Kabba who appears to better than what we already have) instead a playmaker for the midfield. If we'd have but all these salaraies together (with the exception of maybe Jones who is an improvement to the squad) surely we could have found a better midfielder than what we have a present? There are 40-odd teams in the leagues above us - is Sheridan saying that not one of them have a midfielder available who could have improved the team?

2) Or maybe, strangely enough we could try the two young lads we signed as 'playmakers' in the summer (Lee and Stephens) - what have we got to lose? How about this for a 'radical' idea - Allott or Maher win the ball, they give it to Lee or Stephens and they pass it FORWARD. Simple.

3) WTF does Lewis Allessandra have to do to get a game?

4) Why was Eardley getting so much stick? Yes he wasn't at his best but frequently was left trying to mark two players, had nobody making any runs for him and at the end of the day he didn't miss two guilt edge chances or make the mistake that cost us a goal. If someone knows the answer to this could they please have a word with the idiots that sit around me who seem to have decided he is satan dressed in a latics shirt. Leave the poor lad alone - pick on one of the so called 'experienced pros' (with the exception of Gregan) that all when missing when we needed them to get a grip.

4) Why was Eardley getting so much stick? Yes he wasn't at his best but frequently was left trying to mark two players, had nobody making any runs for him and at the end of the day he didn't miss two guilt edge chances or make the mistake that cost us a goal. If someone knows the answer to this could they please have a word with the idiots that sit around me who seem to have decided he is satan dressed in a latics shirt. Leave the poor lad alone - pick on one of the so called 'experienced pros' (with the exception of Gregan) that all when missing when we needed them to get a grip.

Where would you like them to run to get one of his passes? The Car Park?

There wasn't just eardley at fault today but he doesn't help himself with his inability to keep the ball in play and taking too much time on the ball inviting unnecessary pressure on him.

And last but no means least when he looses the ball he throws a wobbler and sulks ffs!

Where would you like them to run to get one of his passes? The Car Park?

There wasn't just eardley at fault today but he doesn't help himself with his inability to keep the ball in play and taking too much time on the ball inviting unnecessary pressure on him.

And last but no means least when he looses the ball he throws a wobbler and sulks ffs!

There was no movement up front today at all, and hardly any in midfield. None of the back four had anybody to aim for - hence the aimless hoofs up the pitch.

No need to the jump down my throat mate!

There was no movement up front today at all, and hardly any in midfield. None of the back four had anybody to aim for - hence the aimless hoofs up the pitch.

in which case isnt it far better to keep hold of possession then,instead of handing the opposing team the advantage immediately???

if there is no movement and no one upfront to recieve the ball....play keep ball until someone either moves into space or the opposition make a mistake and punish it...sooner or later someone will make a mad lunge and create an oppertunity.

I wasnt jumping at you mate, Nobody gets to me on this board its just the players & manager of oldham athletic :wink:

You have some good points.