Not for me to blow me own trumpet like

My response to the 'where are you gloaters' after the Millwall win...

"Anyway, praise to all for the result today, an absolute cracker. I fully expect to do Leeds as well...it's easier to get up for the biggies.

I suspect I'll be in a minority tonight with one swallow making a summer but I expect the return of the in-out-in-outers after the Col U game. You heard it here first."

Well, heart ruled my head a bit as I thought we'd do Leeds. That lasted until 7:46pm Monday night when only one team was up for it.

My point. We're so predictable.

Go now Shez. New Gaffer (can we call him that????), 10 game honeymoon period, nicely into the playoffs. If for no other reason but to save the dwindling attendances. Balls to a promotion chasing team...the public of Oldham have seen enough this season and voted with their feet. Quite rightly.

E4e

JSOUT

So you think our gate would magically increase if Sheridan was sacked?

Cos I don't.

I think it would increase. Not significantly, but a new era always brings better following.

Promotion is the only thing that will significantly increase gates - which is why it's important not to let another good chance slip by. Failure this season will certainly reduce season ticket sales the way a lot of people are talking (And voting).

So you think our gate would magically increase if Sheridan was sacked?

Cos I don't.

What I'm saying is a team in our position really fired up and gunning for promotion should and would attract bigger crowds. We're neither fired up nor gunning for promotion. More letting the season peter out...any neutral would think we're settling for mid table mediocrity on recent showings.

A few seasons back when Shez got us into the play offs we played Yeovil at BP around this point. The gate? 6,000+. The Dowie play off season, I won't even bother looking.

So, since that Yeovil game a few years back, has Shez moved us forward?

E4e

JSOUT

What I'm saying is a team in our position really fired up and gunning for promotion should and would attract bigger crowds. We're neither fired up nor gunning for promotion. More letting the season peter out...any neutral would think we're settling for mid table mediocrity on recent showings.

A few seasons back when Shez got us into the play offs we played Yeovil at BP around this point. The gate? 6,000+. The Dowie play off season, I won't even bother looking.

So, since that Yeovil game a few years back, has Shez moved us forward?

E4e

JSOUT

no he hasnt.....i hope he can but i truly believe now that he isnt the man to do the job...he has got us there or there abouts with great financial backing from the owners...but he cant get us over that final hurdle imho.

for a club in our position in the league the crowds are very dissapointing to say the least.