On reflection... Shez In!

At the start of the season, I looked at the squad we'd assembled and had a view as to where we would/should finish. That view was that we would either sneek into the play-offs or would just miss out.

Looking at the league now, that's looking quite an accurate assessment.

The season has had two distinct parts. Early on we were well and truely over-performing and for the last couple of months we have, without doubt, been under-performing. We can't seperate these though, you have to look at the season as a whole and overall, we are probably doing pretty much as we should be doing with the players we've got.

Right now, things are bad. The performance yesterday was completely unaceptable, as were Hereford away, Bristol Rovers at home and Scunthorpe away. Despite this, we have to give Shez the full term. Just over a week ago, most Wolves fans wanted to sack McCarthy. Apparently he'd lost the dressing room, they couldn't beat anyone and nobody could see where the next win was coming from. If they'd sacked him, the rest of football would have thought they'd lost the plot. Now, they look odds on to go up.

With ten games left, we've still got a decent chance of making the play-offs and if we could just sneek in, our record against the top sides will probably make us favourites to go up.

I don't class myself as a "happy clapper" and I'm not averse to letting them know what I think of them at the end of a game like yesterday but I do believe that we've got to be fair to the manager and give him the whole season. If we maintain the season's form as a whole and finish in the play-offs, he will have done what was asked of him. If we don't go up, he should go at the end of the season but he should be allowed the opportunity to put right the mess that we currently find ourselves in.

At the start of the season, I looked at the squad we'd assembled and had a view as to where we would/should finish. That view was that we would either sneek into the play-offs or would just miss out.

Looking at the league now, that's looking quite an accurate assessment.

The season has had two distinct parts. Early on we were well and truely over-performing and for the last couple of months we have, without doubt, been under-performing. We can't seperate these though, you have to look at the season as a whole and overall, we are probably doing pretty much as we should be doing with the players we've got.

Right now, things are bad. The performance yesterday was completely unaceptable, as were Hereford away, Bristol Rovers at home and Scunthorpe away. Despite this, we have to give Shez the full term. Just over a week ago, most Wolves fans wanted to sack McCarthy. Apparently he'd lost the dressing room, they couldn't beat anyone and nobody could see where the next win was coming from. If they'd sacked him, the rest of football would have thought they'd lost the plot. Now, they look odds on to go up.

With ten games left, we've still got a decent chance of making the play-offs and if we could just sneek in, our record against the top sides will probably make us favourites to go up.

I don't class myself as a "happy clapper" and I'm not averse to letting them know what I think of them at the end of a game like yesterday but I do believe that we've got to be fair to the manager and give him the whole season. If we maintain the season's form as a whole and finish in the play-offs, he will have done what was asked of him. If we don't go up, he should go at the end of the season but he should be allowed the opportunity to put right the mess that we currently find ourselves in.

I personally would give him another 5 games, MK, trannies, cheltenham, orient and posh. If at the end of them 5 games we are outside the playoff zone and have lost a bit of ground, then sorry but get rid then, bring in a new manager who would then have five competitive games to assess the team.

If we are still in the top 6 then give him till end of season come what may.