Now Big Joe is back..

Plastic pitch.

Yard dogs.

What else should we 'bring back' as well as the manager from the 80s and 90s? Scarfs tied round our wrists?

BRING BACK THE FANS!!!

I am getting as many Latic fans I know to go on sat and most of em havent been in years!

I think we all should try and bring a mate or two for the return of a Legend and boost the club and the town, COME ON OLDHAM! COME ON OLDHAM! COME ON OLDHAM!

When the news came through that Joe had reclaimed the mantel I rang my two daughters and one actually cried down the phone - Joe is everything to most of us that went through the dark days and welcomed him when he first took on the job so many years ago.

Both my girls were mascot for the club under Joe Royal and I was proud to be associated with the club at a personal level for over a year working for Lookers Peugeot and providing sponsored cars.

We spent so many years doin the 500 mile round trip to home games - I remember going up to the league cup semi final first leg when we beat West Ham

6-0 I was supposed to go home that night - Not a chance the town was buzzing and you would have thought we had won the Champions League. I remember the tears when Joe looked like he was leaving and the blanket went round the ground at the Blackburn game, the notice board begging ''Please dont go Joe'' And he didnt - Not until he had taken us to the top flight.

Gentleman Joe he is but if the present squad think that its going to be easy then my god they have got a rude awakening coming - At 59 he has years on his side as a Manager - I am sure that I am one of many that are hoping this is not just a short term appointment but the start of ''Joe Royal series 2, the revival''

WELCOME BACK JOE

FROM THE CALLAN FAMILY

ISLE OF WIGHT

Edited by IsleOfWightBlue