View Of A Latic Fan From Afar

My view of the clubs season - all the way from Milton Keynes..........

Beginning of the season the future under JS looked so promising, I was telling anyone that would listen that this season is ours for the taking, we had made lots of signings (again, as we did at beginning of the season before). JS has learned his lessons in the transfer market, I thought - no more signings like Ricketts. No more duds, for it was our young managers 3rd season in charge and now had just enough experience and gile to push us on.

We had started the "development" of the ground and things were rosey.

Then, something strange happened during the game at home vs MK Dons. We started bottling it all over the pitch. We rode our luck and won the match but were never the same team. Then, bad press started creeping out of the club, tales of blatent indisipline was riffe. The board came on the website and the senior management received a public slatting.

Things were not right.

The economic dowturn had really started to hit us, the board made noises of the "development" being put on hold until the economy picks up, saying that the budget for next season will have to be cut if promotion is not acheived, that they have no more money to fund us etc.

Suddenly Dean Windass turned up and was chuffed to bits! After all he was a legend at our level, just needed to get match fit.

Sadly, things never took off, even a spirited 0-0 away at Leicester couldn't get us going, it was a case of 2 steps forward 3 steps back.

Tales of indisapline started to rear their ugly head, the drinking culture was well and truly at large and the dreaded Doncaster Dogs night with the fans was the last straw.

I really lost all faith in JS after that, what was he thinking? Could you imagine Wayne Rooney putting Fabio Capello or Sir Alex Fergusson in a head lock? I don't think so. He wanted to be one of the lads, not the father figure. Time for a swift change.

The MK Dons match proved me right, I have never seen us play that bad before and I went to the Cardiff game a few years back (7-1 home defeat).

News of Joe Royel coming back really caught me, well done TTA! That'll bring some of the stay aways back! Might even bring some of the players back on track? The buzz of a new manager, wanting to impress a legend no less!!

Again we bottled it. no fight, no guts. Just hit and hope, where was the passing football I had season earlier in the season??

Now we've got rid of LH and I'm actually glad. He was never going to sign his contract with us, even if we had gone up (IMO). We gave him a break to show the footballing country that he had put is mis-spent youth behind him and had paid his dues. To not repay that faith and sign an extension, for me, showed us what the average footballer is all about - themselves, greed, money. There's no loyalty anymore in our sport, none whatsoever. Not when there's so much £££'S to be made.

We're not going up this season, I can feel it in my bones. I am so gutted as I type. Can't face another season in this God awful league.

If / when we don't offically make the play offs and don't win promotion, how low will our budget be? We've already got one of the lowest???

I can't help but feel a downward spiral hitting us hard next season - no promotion and with Joe gone (assuming he sticks to his word and leaves end of season). Who can we attract to the club (manager wise)?? No ambition anymore from the board. Our prize assets sold off.

Low attendences, lots of crap loan signings = no passion on the pitch as no one will br willing to fight for the club, just passing through, causing even lower attendences.

Mid-table at best for us next seaon, I am so deeply disapointed!! Where oh where did it all go so horribly wrong!?!?!

Beginning of the season the future under JS looked so promising, I was telling anyone that would listen that this season is ours for the taking, we had made lots of signings (again, as we did at beginning of the season before). JS has learned his lessons in the transfer market, I thought - no more signings like Ricketts. No more duds, for it was our young managers 3rd season in charge and now had just enough experience and gile to push us on.

Then, something strange happened during the game at home vs MK Dons. We started bottling it all over the pitch. We rode our luck and won the match but were never the same team. Then, bad press started creeping out of the club, tales of blatent indisipline was riffe. The board came on the website and the senior management received a public slatting.

Things were not right.

The economic dowturn had really started to hit us, the board made noises of the "development" being put on hold until the economy picks up, saying that the budget for next season will have to be cut if promotion is not acheived, that they have no more money to fund us etc.

Suddenly Dean Windass turned up and was chuffed to bits! After all he was a legend at our level, just needed to get match fit.

Sadly, things never took off, even a spirited 0-0 away at Leicester couldn't get us going, it was a case of 2 steps forward 3 steps back.

Tales of indisapline started to rear their ugly head, the drinking culture was well and truly at large and the dreaded Doncaster Dogs night with the fans was the last straw.

I really lost all faith in JS after that, what was he thinking? Could you imagine Wayne Rooney putting Fabio Capello or Sir Alex Fergusson in a head lock? I don't think so. He wanted to be one of the lads, not the father figure. Time for a swift change.

The MK Dons match proved me right, I have never seen us play that bad before and I went to the Cardiff game a few years back (7-1 home defeat).

News of Joe Royel coming back really caught me, well done TTA! That'll bring some of the stay aways back! Might even bring some of the players back on track? The buzz of a new manager, wanting to impress a legend no less!!

Again we bottled it. no fight, no guts. Just hit and hope, where was the passing football I had season earlier in the season??

Now we've got rid of LH and I'm actually glad. He was never going to sign his contract with us, even if we had gone up (IMO). We gave him a break to show the footballing country that he had put is mis-spent youth behind him and had paid his dues. To not repay that faith and sign an extension, for me, showed us what the average footballer is all about - themselves, greed, money. There's no loyalty anymore in our sport, none whatsoever. Not when there's so much £££'S to be made.

We're not going up this season, I can feel it in my bones. I am so gutted as I type. Can't face another season in this God awful league.

If / when we don't offically make the play offs and don't win promotion, how low will our budget be? We've already got one of the lowest???

I can't help but feel a downward spiral hitting us hard next season - no promotion and with Joe gone (assuming he sticks to his word and leaves end of season). Who can we attract to the club (manager wise)?? No ambition anymore from the board. Our prize assets sold off.

Low attendences, lots of crap loan signings = no passion on the pitch as no one will br willing to fight for the club, just passing through, causing even lower attendences.

Mid-table at best for us next seaon, I am so deeply disapointed!! Where oh where did it all go so horribly wrong!?!?!

Some excellent points there, mate.

Things were not right.

here there are certain views i really agree with

Things were not right.

summed up the whole season , great ..post

Things were not right.

What are you talking about no ambition? They pretty much backed Shez' every demand this season! And next season, we might be on a lower budget but to say they'll show no ambition is ludicrous and downright insulting to them. TTA have show progressive ambition in the way they have funded the club. This season was probably the pinnacle so far, given the squad we had and the start we had we looked like we could do it. We don't need a massive budget to go up, even if they lower it'll still be enough to make a promotion push as long as the right players are brought in.

Take the other season where we scraped the playoffs, our budget was probably significantly smaller than it is this season yet we we're on course to do worse than we did that season. In fact look at Millwall and Carlisle who have made the playoffs (Carlisle last season) on a working team who get the job done, they don't spend loads in the transfer market but they built a team on a budget which functions, which gets the points and as TTA as said before this "we have one of the lowest budgets in the division" is pure búll:censored:. To be honest I think the following teams have a bigger budget than we do: Leicester, Leeds, MkDons, Peterborough, Brighton, Scunthorpe, Huddersfield. I think the following teams have a budget on par or similar to us; Colchester, Southend, Millwall. Evey other team our budget eclipses.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies